Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babi_gurl Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Plants under coloured lights
    Hey
    We're doing this experiment in school on the effects of plants when they are covered in different coloured cellophane (clear, red blue and green). And I'd like to know why the plants don't grow well under blue and red lights.. is it because plants absorb the red and blue wavelengths, and since the plants are covered in these cellophane colours, the blue and red are reflected?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 06:33 AM
    You are completely right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help Coloured Hair Spray Disaster! Turned Pink [ 3 Answers ]

I sprayed my son's long blond hair with coloured red hair spray and no matter how many times I wash it it is still pink all around the front of his hair, he looks like he has a pink halo! DOES anyone know how I can fix this?? Will it wash out eventually?? Has it happened to anyone else?? Help HELP...

I need to plant in direct sun under a window [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good plant to plant in the south west corner of a home under a window

1994 MGM, Parking lights and side marker lights not working? [ 5 Answers ]

MY parking lights and side marker lights are not working, also my gauge lights are not working. When I press the brakes, all my lights work, my headlights also work and my turn signals and hazard lights turn on, but my inside gauge lights, side marker lights, and parking lights are not on. What...

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

Plants [ 1 Answers ]

Why have flowering plants been so successful in surviving in a variety of habitats?

View more questions Search