Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjk2202 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Drain water from disposal coming up in basement shower
    Why does the smelly drain water from disposal and washer :confused: come up in basement shower
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 14, 2005, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk2202
    why does the smelly drain water from disposal and washer :confused: come up in basement shower
    You have a partial clog in the drain line downstream from the floor drain. Go down the kitchen vent on the roof or the nearest roof vent from the floor drain and snake it out. Put out enough cable to reach the base of the vent and about 20' more. Afterwards test and then flush out the line with a garden hose. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odor coming from shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

We’ve lived in our new house for one month. There is a pungent broccoli and dirty sock odor coming from one of the three bathrooms. Prior to moving in, the plumber dug up the slab to add a shower and moved the drain for the tub. This is a one-story and all drains in the bath are going to the same...

Shower Pan Leaking - rain water coming in [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 problems here, shower pan leaking, (plumber verified) also rain water coming in through same wall where the shower pan leak is. I just moved in to a one story Villa, a couple of months ago. I noticed that it was starting to smell musty, I moved some furniture and saw that the...

Basement Shower Drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to install a shower in my basement over an existing floor drain. What is the preferred method of connecting the shower drain to the floor drain? The drains may or may not line up. I am planning on buying one of those one-piece shower stalls from a big-box store. Also, is there some...

Shower in Basement -drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a shower enclosure that was taken out of my basement years ago. The problem is that there is no shower drain in the cement floor. The previus shower was drained to a flexible rubber tube that flowed under the shower to the floor drain in the laundry room. I purchased some rubber...

Basement shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have a basement shower drain which is cast iron embedded in concrete. Since the top of the drain was cut off at the top of the concrete, I have been chipping away at the concrete around the drain to use an Oakley adapter which fits around the outside of the pipe. The adapter then uses a key to...

View more questions Search