Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deerareback Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Lost wedding ring
    My niece and her husband are separated, she and her 5 year old son are currently living with her grandmother in Memphis, Tennessee. She kept her wedding ring in a ring box in her underware drawer in the dresser. Her son said he had the ring out of the drawer, but put it back in the box and back in the drawer. Both the box and the ring are now missing. Turning the house upside down did not locate the ring. My niece is heartbroken over the disapperance of the ring. Anyone have any suggestions on where the ring might be?
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 4, 2007, 08:27 PM
    No matter how silly it may seem, check your grand-nephew's room (including hiding places). A divorce/separation on a 5-year-old child must be difficult, and maybe he once learned about wedding rings and the symbolic meaning of them. Maybe by looking at it every now and then (or keeping it safe and hidden), he feels he's in control of his life and everything is okay. If you do happen to find the ring in his possession, ask yourself: 1) why did he lie about the disappearance of the ring and 2) why did he keep it?

You may even want to see a child psychologist- there might be other factors at play.
    deerareback Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Thank you for your response. His room has been checked, but we will check again.

My niece was never married to the father of my grand-nephew. In fact, this marriage was her first and it has lasted less than one year.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Nov 5, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Ahh, well obviously you know your situation better than I do.

Good luck with finding the ring!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 01:21 AM
    I think it is best to check his hiding places as stated above... even hiding places in the house...
    skumarvelu Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Apr 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Any way they are separated, then why worried! Just kidding

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost wedding ring [ 4 Answers ]

I left my engagement ring on a shelf in the bedroom. I put the children in there while I cleaned the living room carpet almost three days ago. When I remembered where I left he ring the children had already found it and misplaced it. I have practically turned the house upside down searching for...

Wedding ring got flushed. [ 1 Answers ]

Live in apartment building and curious if there is some sort of trap or something in the septic?? If I can try & get ring back or is it gone forever??

Flushed wedding ring. [ 1 Answers ]

Flushed wedding ring in an apartment building. Any clue if sceptic in these buildings has a trap or something? Miserable!!

Lost wedding ring [ 3 Answers ]

I left my wedding ring on a shelf in the bedroom. I forgot about it and put my children in my bedroom to watch a movie while I cleaned the living room carpet. When I remembered the ring, it was too late and my children are too young to tell me where my ring is at. Does anyone have a clue as how...

Wedding Ring Question [ 6 Answers ]

My g/f and I are curious about the wedding ring thing. She doesn't want an engagement ring but I would like to get her one anyway. Also if anyone knows where I can find a good white gold engagement ring with diamonds inset id love your help. With the redding rings themselves. Who pays for them...

View more questions Search