Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brooksouth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 06:28 PM
    I slept with her best friend but its her I really like!
    Hey, I like in a student house of 5 guys and this isn't the type of thing to ask them, and I apologise it's a bit long winded.
    About a year ago I was sort of seeing a girl, whose really nice but after sleeping with her and being around her best friend I realised that I had chosen the wrong girl. Not really knowing how to deal with this I sort of tried to put some distance between us. After about 3 months I tried to start talking to her best friend more and sent a really stupid message saying that it was her I really liked. Having not got a great response I left it alone but over the last 6 months we've talked a lot and are sometimes quite flirty but not when the original girl is around, last week we pulled in a nightclub and I want to make something of it but she's really worried about her friend and wants to try and forget about it, should I just give up or how can I convince her that her friend was a mistake, a good intentioned mistake, but something which can be worked out?
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Nov 3, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Could any trust the person like you? Seeing a girl while sleeping with another one, you apparently lack decent life values. People like you should go back to elementary school to learn first how to be a good person beneficial to society.
    brooksouth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by serena6878
    Could any trust the person like you? Seeing a girl while sleeping with another one, you apparently lack decent life values. People like you should go back to elementary school to learn first how to be a good person beneficial to society.

U obviously read this wrong I slept with a girl broke it of because I liked her best friend and now 9months later really like the best friend and don't really no how to explain that to her. So please re-read and get your facts right!
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Nov 3, 2007, 06:55 PM
    It is as bad as what I mistook. I am sorry.
    Some beginning would mean an end. You were seeing her and had intimacy with her, but all that had happened means nothing to you. Were I that girl, I would be sad. And how can the second girl know that you would not do the same thing to her? You need to be responsible!
    Sahi444 Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2009, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by serena6878 View Post
    It is as bad as what I mistook. I am sorry.
    Some beginning would mean an end. You were seeing her and had intimacy with her, but all that had happened means nothing to you. Were I that girl, I would be sad. And how can the second girl know that you would not do the same thing to her? You need to be responsible!
    First the insecurity that you will ditch on her then the fact that she will possibly lose her best friend who was possibly loyal to her. My answer would be a total no had I been in this girl's place. I don't say that your love or attraction is not true and pure what I say is it is tough for her to believe in that

If your love is true you can surely convince her but u'll be the reason she loses her best friend

Best of luck
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 07:21 AM

I'm sorry but you don't have much chance with the friend now.

I don't know about her standards but from where I come from my friends boyfriend/sex buddies are off limits!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 07:25 AM

It doesn't usually work out, not too many people I know could know their boyfriend/girlfriend slept with one of their friends.
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

May 12, 2009, 02:50 PM
    It's not out of the question, but your best bet right now is to let the other girl make the choice. Tell her how you feel, but let her know that you understand if she doesn't feel the same way.

Truthfully, you shouldn't put too much faith in this working out. Even if you do try a relationship, her friend is going to make things hard for you (even if she says she supports you, she will always feel a slight bitterness). I think you should try looking somewhere else, outside your current group of friends.

~ Tee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Slept with 2 guys, pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I accidentally skipped the pill the weekend of Jan. 13th. Slept with ex on Jan. 15th. Had a light period that week sometime but not sure on date, because of skipping the pill, continued sleeping with current boyfriend. Took a 5 day before missed period pregnancy test on Feb.27th, negative. Took...

Slept with my ex [ 2 Answers ]

Have been broken up with my ex for a moth but was still in contact just talking. I did have some nc here and there. Saw her on the weekend and was at her place. I was leaving then went back for a second to talk to her, I was talking to her on her bed and was talking about some of the good times and...

She slept through most of the night [ 3 Answers ]

It was like she as reading my mind. I broke down into tears a couple of times yesterday to the thought of "I can't do this anymore" and I was preparing myself to find her a new home. But she slept in her crate for the majority of the night. She woke up at 12, took to potty and back to the crate,...

View more questions Search