Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RENEE25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 05:16 PM
    How do you take over a failing company?
    Picture yourself as a new manager hired into a failing division in a company. The product line is outdated and losing market share, inter-departmental communication is adversarial, and competition for corporate funding is fierce. How are you, a new person, going to turn things around? Consider the following example, Symphonic Cooperation, from another "industry" below. The following article is an example of how one person, working in a very different type of workplace, turned around a company by making changes in its structure. Some of what was done may be food for thought in your very different work environment. As your first job as the new manager at the outdated, adversarial company, write a plan for changing its organizational structure, incorporating the following elements:

Your vision of the new organizational structure for your division including how you would realign individuals, tasks, processes and functions
    Steps to manage the transition from the old organizational structure to the new
    New policies that you would implement that should begin right away to facilitate the change to the new organizational structure
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RENEE25
    write a plan for changing its organizational structure
    This smells a lot like a homework question. I took a grad-school level of Organizational Behavior along with Corporate Culture and a whole bunch of psychology. I'll make a deal with you. You write up a nice essay telling what you think based on your research and your creative ideas. I will read your nice essay and give you a profound critique.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship Failing... [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years I'm 19, second year at university and living at home. She's 18, first year at university and living away. --- Since she went away to uni in September we can only manage to see each other every 5/6 weeks for a few days, and then 1/2 weeks...

My marriage is failing [ 6 Answers ]

Im 23 and I've been married for 3 1/2 years my husband treats me like I don't exist he doesn't pay attention to me and he says things to try to lower myself esteem.We have one son and I don't want to be a single mother but I feel like I'm dying inside what do I do.

Failing to Appear [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 16 years old and I live in canada,I ben charged with theft under 5000 , anyway I forgot to take my fingerprints at the station due to my grandpa's death. Am I going to be arrested and ever since I got caught the store said they will mail me a letter with the fine, how I have not received a...

Studor Vent Failing? [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Studor Terminal in an inside hallway closet in our home. Occasionally, when you walk by you can smell the sewer gases, the nice rotten egg smell of hydrogen sulfide. I thought these were a one way air vent system and prevented this sort of thing? Is it not functioning properly?...

View more questions Search