Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nounette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Coleman Evcon D.E.S. II Heat Pump- works intermittently
    She's an old one... I'm guessing the late 70's or 80's, but since I've lived here (4years) it seems to work for a while, but then stop... I hear a fan blowing, but it's cold air. Then I look at the t'stat and the red emergency light is on... cold air coming out of the vents. I look at the unit outside and I can see that the fan is not moving. But... sometimes if I turn the t'stat down so that the fan I hear (somewhere in the house... it's not the fan outside) stops, then wait a bit, I can get the heat to come on, I can see the fan moving on the outside unit and no more emergency light on. It's like I'm resetting it or something.

Every year I get a hvac guy to come out... first one replaces a sequencer, the next replaces the motor on the blower outside, etc... same thing. It works for a while and then continues to act as described above... Also, note that my emergency heat NEVER gets warm... Its just cold air coming out of the vents.

I hope someone can help me with this... it's getting cold and I'm not exactly rolling in the dough these days enough to buy another unit.

Thanks!

Allison
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 04:16 PM
    A sequencer is probably defective for your emergency heat. I would check all your thermostat wiring to make sure nothing is loose or damaged before I would go any further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman Evcon Electric Heat/Air unit filter placement [ 7 Answers ]

We live in a rented mobile home in Texas; the landlord requires us to change filters once a month in the heat/air unit, which is a Coleman Evcon. (There is no model number visible.) The filters were sitting tilted along the side, inside the case, when we moved in. We have lived here over a year and...

Coleman evcon furnace [ 5 Answers ]

My home has coleman evcon furnace 12 years old.I can set the thermostat at 74 degrees and the furnace will start with a 30second purge then the ignitor will warm up and glow red then the main burner lights.then the burner stays lit and the blower runs for a couple minutes. Then the thermostat calls...

Coleman, Evcon Ignition Failure [ 1 Answers ]

A couple of years ago, there was a recall on a part that a Company had to come out and replace. I had never had a problem with the furnace for 8 years. A short time later, I started having problems with ignition failure. I had a part replaced and a licensed Company went over everything and said...

Coleman heat pump covered in ice [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Coleman, electric heat pump system on a manufactured home. It is 7 years old. The entire outside unit seems to be frozen over. What is the problem? Is there any way to solve it?

Coleman evcon [ 2 Answers ]

Fan won't come on in heat position

View more questions Search