Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xonikibabee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Hair Dying/Relaxers
    Ok so I've been using this relaxer for about 3 years now, I've stopped using it for almost 3 months now, and I want to know if I can dye my hair and take out the highlights now.
    I have light honey highlights but its not bleached, so I want to remove that so I can dye my hair a light golden brown with honey streaks and low-lights so it doesnt look too bright. But I want to know if that would safe for my hair?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 4, 2007, 11:28 AM
    If you want to color your hair to remove your highlights while it is relaxed, you should use a semi-permanent hair color. Permanent hair colors can damage hair that is chemically relaxed. But if you are planning to use a permanent color, make sure that your hair is healthy first. I recommend that you do a strand test before applying the hair color to your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

Hair relaxers and color zap [ 2 Answers ]

Is It Okay To Use Color Zap If You Have A Relaxer?

Hair dying and relaxers [ 2 Answers ]

Can I relax ny hair and put a dye rinse in all in the same setting?

Still my hair ! Lol [ 1 Answers ]

So what about if I dye my hair blonde will that be OK because my hair woz brownish kindish but if itz a reddy colour (aprrently to people ) will it turn it even more ginger?? HELP!

Hair dying [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is naturally blonde and I decided to dye it slightly darker so it was a dark blonde/light brownish. I used a non-permanent dye that said it would wash out in 28 shampoos. I decided I really missed my blonde hair and got more non-permanent blonde hair dye. It didn't really work, my hair is...

View more questions Search