Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compaq Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
    How to change the electrode assembly on caloric oven
    Hi,
    I have a Caloric oven and one of the burners will not ignite because the electrode assembly is cracked. This is what causes the spark and ignites the burner.
    Has anyone changed this before? How do I do it? How do I lift the top? Do you need to unscrew anything first?
    Thanks for your help.
    Byron
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 5, 2007, 09:38 AM
    I can provide you details but I need the model number of the stove to see which setup you have. Thank you

Nov 15, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Yes, how silly of me to forget to enter the model number.
    It is rst310uL
    Thanks

Nov 15, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by applsvcgirl
    I can provide you details but I need the model number of the stove to see which setup you have. Thank you
    Yes, my model number is rst310uL

Nov 15, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Hi, the model is rst310uL
    Thanks

Nov 15, 2007, 03:30 AM
    These electrodes are very easy to change IF the 2 screws in the top burner come out. Unplug the stove remove the burner cap. Put the smallest drop of liquid dish soap on each screw. Leave it alone for an hour. Blot up the dish soap and unscrew the 2 screws. Lift out the burner remove the wire and tape it to the top of the stove (you don't want to have to go fishing for it when it slides back into the hole). Remove the clip and the old electrode. Put in the new electrode and clip it in, put the wire back on. Center the cap and put the screws back in. The dish soap will hopefully have allowed the screw to release if it didn't or the head broke off or it stripped don't panic. Drill it out. Get 2 small stainless screws from the hardware store and use those in your freshly drilled holes.

Nov 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
    These electrodes are very easy to change IF the 2 screws in the top burner come out. Unplug the stove remove the burner cap. Put the smallest drop of liquid dish soap on each screw. Leave it alone for an hour. Blot up the dish soap and unscrew the 2 screws. Lift out the burner remove the wire and tape it to the top of the stove (you don't want to have to go fishing for it when it slides back into the hole). Remove the clip and the old electrode. Put in the new electrode and clip it in, put the wire back on. Center the cap and put the screws back in. The dish soap will hopefully have allowed the screw to release if it didn't or the head broke off or it stripped dont panic. Drill it out. Get 2 small stainless screws from the hardware store and use those in your freshly drilled holes.
    Hi, Applsvcgirl,
    I have only one screw that I took out of the burner top. However, I am having difficulty removing the burner top. Was there something you used to do this?
    Thanks for your help.

Nov 19, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Once the screw is removed it should come off fairly easily but compare it to the other burners with the caps removed. Only one screw doesn't sound right.

Dec 11, 2007, 12:00 AM
    Hi Applsvgirl,
    Sorry it took me awhile to get back to your answer.
    I wonder if maybe the model I have is different than what you have.
    I don't see but one screw after I remove the burner cap. I did remove the screw, but
    Have difficulty lifting the burner plate which holds the electrode.
    Should I use a plier to pry out the burner? It seems very well attached to the stove top.
    By the way, thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age of Caloric range - Heritage Series [ 2 Answers ]

Please help with the age of my gas range. Caloric Heritage Series Model and Serial numbers: RLS345UW OF D 102 966 9381 Many thanks.

Assembly language [ 3 Answers ]

Please what are the assembly lang. instructions,its applications to programming,and their meanings? e.g LDA,MOV. I want more. Thanks

Ball value assembly in a cistern [ 5 Answers ]

Have had to replace the syphon in my toilet, this was done yesterday, discovered a small leak this morning. So drained cistern and undid the ball shut off valve and removed. Checked that all was tghtened on the syphon thing (all was a tight as I could get it), so started to rebuild the contents of...

View more questions Search