Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lover_girl_2300 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 08:37 PM
    I need to find myself
    I feel as if I am lost... afraid of where I am in this world. I have accepted jesus as my lord and savoir about 4 years ago. And to be honost I don't think I was ready. So now I want to be closer to God and live my life for him, but I just don't know how to change my ways. I kind of do this thing where I'm on a teter toter and I balance back and forwards on being a christain on Sunday and not following him during the week. I honostly don't know how to change... it's not that I don't want to because on sundays I say I'm going to change but soon as I step out of chruch my mind drifts away and I never do.
    IF THERE IS ANY THING U COULD SAY OR HAVE ME THINK ABOUT I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IT! THANKs!
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Nov 13, 2005, 09:12 PM
    Hi. I am glad to see that I am not the only person in the world that is struggling to find themselves. I don't know about you but my life is filled with influential people to guide me in the right direction. One of them is my mother. My mother is a wonderful, giving, forgiving, rightcheous, God fearing woman. However, she was not always this way. Don't get me wrong, she was not the devil's advocate but she wasn't always a christian either. I have often spoke with her about some of the obsticles that I have come across on my journey. Guess what? You will have them. You will have distractions, you will have situations that will make you loose focus on your goal, you will have abruptions and all of that. But, you keep going, you keep praying, you keep asking the Lord for forgivness. She explained to me that getting closer to the Lord is a process, every day your eyes will open more and more. Each day, he will reveal himself to you more and more. You have taken a step in the right direction and you have accepted Jesus as your savior, you see that your life is missing something and you know that it is the Lord and that you need him in your life. Just imagine, some people go through their entire lives not knowing that they need him, just think what is going on in their lives. I believe that this is a process. If you are sincere, you keep going and you keep praying and you keep asking for forgivness for your sins, I think that the rest will fall into place. If you want to e-mail me privately so that we can discuss some of the things that we are going through together, feel free to do so. My pastor tells me that this is always good to keep yourself surrounded by good people as well. It is not going to do you any good to try and change yourself when you are surrounded by people who do not have the same interest as you. I feel you and I feel for you. The confusion of the unknown is torment. But trust and believe, that is all that you can do. Another person who visits this forum is SHENDA, she is a good person to contact regarding this topic as well. I will pray for you. I hope this helps.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2005, 06:24 AM
    Lost
    Hi,
    I am a Christian, too.
    Do you pray daily?
    Pray for those you love, ask for strength to "do thy will", and anything you can think of. You can also pray for forgiveness for your sins today.
    Start praying in the morning when you get up, and again at night, before you go to sleep.
    Life is just one day at a time, and if you do today what you know is right, tomorrow will take care of itself.
    Do something today for someone else; no matter how small or large, and you will feel good about it, and about yourself.
    Smile, and keep thinking about positive things, not about negative things.
    If you are concerned about something, then do something about it, if you can. If you can't then forget it.
    If you are "worried" about something, then that only promotes more worry. Worry never helped anyone. But, being "concerned" is much better.
    Try finding new people to be friends with; especially those you know who either go to church or where ever, or those you know who believe in God.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2005, 08:30 AM
    Hello!

Well it is good to hear that you have accepted Jesus as your saviour and that You want God to be in your life. All Christians struggle in their daily lives to live a life according to Jesus. We are all filled with his spirit it is just a matter of letting him flow through us and working with Jesus. We are all united, we are all connected. I know it is hard to live a life according to God especially in the kind of world we live in today. To live our life according to God every single day. Even if others look at you like you were crazy or naïve or make fun of you or cause trouble for you. Just remember that the reason why we are not excepted by many is we belong to God. We have a relationship with God. Jesus says remember when you are treated badly, remember what was done to me. Jesus was sacrificed and killed. For us. We are to meditate on the word of the bible daily and pray daily. Always treat others the way you want to be treated and yes, pray for people who dislike you. Share your love with others. As well as talking or writing to others that can show you direction and help you. This site and many others have great people who will listen and help direct if needed. May God bless you and remember you believe in Jesus and you know that you want to become a better person and you can do it. Always be in prayer. Always show your love and accept the things that you can not change and ask God to show you how to deal with things that you can not change. God bless!

Joe

Nov 14, 2005, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Hello!

Well it is good to hear that you have accepted Jesus as your saviour and that You want God to be in your life. All Christians struggle in their daily lives to live a life according to Jesus. We are all filled with his spirit it is just a matter of letting him flow through us and working with Jesus. We are all united, we are all connected. I know it is hard to live a life according to God especially in the kind of world we live in today. To live our life according to God every single day. Even if others look at you like you were crazy or naive or make fun of you or cause trouble for you. Just remember that the reason why we are not excepted by many is we belong to God. We have a relationship with God. Jesus says remember when you are treated badly, remember what was done to me. Jesus was sacrificed and killed. For us. We are to meditate on the word of the bible daily and pray daily. Always treat others the way you want to be treated and yes, pray for people who dislike you. Share your love with others. As well as talking or writing to others that can show you direction and help you. This site and many others have great people who will listen and help direct if needed. May God bless you and remember you believe in Jesus and you know that you want to become a better person and you can do it. Always be in prayer. Always show your love and accept the things that you can not change and ask God to show you how to deal with things that you can not change. God bless!

Joe
    People will make fun of you, talk bad about you because you are doing a new thing! Human's ridicule things that they do not understand. Remember, they made fun of Jesus too. He was not understood, and they crusified him. Everyday is going to be a struggle, but pray for strength, understanding, patience, and forgivness.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 14, 2005, 04:50 PM
    The light in you...
    Quote Originally Posted by lover_girl_2300
    I feel as if i am lost.... afraid of where i am in this world. I have accepted jesus as my lord and savoir about 4 years ago. and to be honost i dont think i was ready. So now i want to be closer to God and live my life for him, but i just dont know how to change my ways. I kind of do this thing where i'm on a teter toter and i balance back and forwards on being a christain on sunday and not following him during the week. I honostly dont know how to change... it's not that i dont want to because on sundays i say i'm going to change but soon as i step out of chruch my mind drifts away and i never do.
    IF THERE IS ANY THING U COULD SAY OR HAVE ME THINK ABOUT I WOULD REALLY APRECIATE IT! THANKs!
    What makes you think you are misguided during the week? If you still have him in your heart and your reactions toward others are good without even having to think about how to react, then you are real close. If there is a church you like going to, volunteer to do some things there for those who are lost too. You can also volunteer to assist in places sponsored by the church for the homeless, as long as you do good and think with him in your daily activities, you should not feel lost at all, just on a journey that will take you to your destination. You will reach your goal if that's what you really strive for. There are people who don't go to church at all but still have him in their hearts and in their homes, so If you feel close to him, he'll guide you to your destination, no matter where. Good Luck to you and your wish for your contentment and peace. You said you were not sure you were ready in the beginning, just recheck your initial motives and you'll find the answer.

look for the love inside you and share it.
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Nov 14, 2005, 06:38 PM
    I will ditto letmeno by saying I am glad I am not the only one. I changed churches a year and a half ago because my wife and I were feeling stale there. Our new church is very spirit filled but they are different then where we came from. Sometimes we need to do things to get out of our comfort zone. I am not saying I have totally changed course and am doing everythng for God. What I am saying is I am taking steps to shake my flesh up. My wife and I get frustrated because we have 2 kids (age 2 and age 9months) which we love dearly, but they take a lot of our time. We feel like we should be doing so much for God but do not have the time. We hear "you need to live for God no matter what" then when we go to do it we get stonewalled somehow. You need to keep the heart you have for God and never be satisfied with staying where you are (without beating yourself up) and I thnk you will be all right. Do what the others have said and get plugged into church, do the little things for people that matter, love others and the rest will come. Realize that there eis an enemy out there who is trying to get you frustrated with YOUR life so you will be an ineffective Christian. Remember, all he needs to do is provoke your flesh a little and your flesh will do the rest. Hang our around other Christians. I am not saying not to shun any non-christians, but to be lifted you need to hang around other Christians. Sister, I am glad you have come to seek the counsel of your brothers and sisters. If you feel you are not doing the right things, this would be one right things you have done, and you know what, the enemy hates you for it because you will come out victorious. Sorry for being long-winded.

Nov 14, 2005, 06:50 PM
    Hey guys, it's me again. I spoke with my mother on this one to get her input and what she say's is that we are human, our flesh is still weak. As human's our flesh will always be weak. This is where we need to pray for strength from the Lord. If you are hanging in the balance, and you do not know what it is that you want to do then you are not devoting yourself to God. You cannot serve two master's. At one point in time, I knew that I needed to be saved but I could never get up and go to church in the morning because I was always out partying too late on Saturday's. NOW, I see, I see things so clearly now. It is amazing how none of that appeals to me anymore. I am not saying that my flesh is no longer weak but I am a whole lot stronger than I was yesterday. If devotion is in your heart, and you keep striving and staying prayfull, you will get stronger.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Nov 22, 2005, 03:52 PM
    New Image
    It is essential for the Christian believer to be led by the Holy Spirit. This results from spending time in prayer and reading the Word of God. It is also essential to be completely honest with what you are feeling, never dec'v yourself, God sees and knows all. He will meet you at your point of need if you seek Him. Feeling lost is not something to fear, it merely suggests that you have need to commune with the Father to gain direction. This requires a resolve on your part... meaning... God is in control or you are. There can never be two captains leading your ship to sail. The fear of God's leading and guidance results from not knowing Him in an intimate way. He desires pure fellowship, which equates to the conviction of your heart and the corresponding action. God is not so far removed that He can not have an up close and personal relationship with you; however, you must draw nigh to Him. How is it done? The basics includes adherence to the admonition found in Joshua 1:8... meditate on this passage of Scripture until it becomes your portion in life, along with the command found in Proverbs 3:5-6. It is impossible to walk by faith without a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, The Spirit of God that shall lead and guide us unto all Truths. I can not stress the importance of resolve. At some point, you must trust and surrender ALL, even the knowledge gained by experience need to be set before God for His approval. I do not know how much value you place on your confession, but there is no mixing of Spirit and flesh, those who do so, often find confusion and frustration as their portion. Man will issue doctrine, theology and religious order based on the Word of God, but truly understand that His Word is already sown in your heart. To activate it, you must unwaveringly resolve "Not my will, but Your will be done"... this will open you up to experiences rendered to kill your flesh man and quicken your spirit man. God will meet you where you are at, never doubt that; however, to walk confidently in faith, to be led by His Holy Spirit, you need His Word living inside of you... meaning, it is impossible to live by His word if you do not know it. If you ask God to manifest Himself to you in an undeniable way, He will. He knows what you need, the question... are you willing to surrender ALL or do some parts of you need to remain in control. Understand... Salvation is free, you create its value. Seek an ear to hear and a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, remember created in a new image, the very image of God... you are entitled to have a knowing; thereby irradicating the need to guess. Know that the power of your words create life; therefore, know what you say... the earnest conviction of your words reflect the state of your heart... the power of agreement brings life/death to pass by the mere utterance of the words you speak. IT is not hard, there truly is no need to struggle, make a Life choice. Seek God in earnest, if you feel weak, He is made strong. When you do not know, He will advise you. Whatever portion of your redeemed life that you commit to God, He will see after, thus wisdom will teach you, that your life is not your own, it has been purchased by the Blood of Jesus Christ, therefore, give back yourself to its Rightful Owner and live life in a more excellent way. Think about it, the Creator knows, He does not need to guess, and All that He requires is steadfast, sincere, earnest fellowship. The more you spend time reading, meditating on His Word, developing your Love language, meaning ask God affirmative questions... show me, reveal unto me... lead me to it... guide my feet... refrain from the I don't knows... in your heart this is your state of mind therefore ask in an affirmative matter...
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2005, 09:05 PM
    I feel as if i am lost.... afraid of where i am in this world. I have accepted jesus as my lord and savoir about 4 years ago. and to be honost i dont think i was ready. So now i want to be closer to God and live my life for him, but i just dont know how to change my ways. I kind of do this thing where i'm on a teter toter and i balance back and forwards on being a christain on sunday and not following him during the week. I honostly dont know how to change... it's not that i dont want to because on sundays i say i'm going to change but soon as i step out of chruch my mind drifts away and i never do.
    You can't change, only the Holy Spirit can effect change in you and that come through faith (action based on belief sustained by confidence) in Gods word ( you have faith that God will do what He says He will do and you base you actions on that and hang your very exsistance on His word and let the circumstances be damned),

Example the faith of Abraham.. GOd told Abraham that through his descendants would be as the stars of heaven" ABraham had no child, his wife was to old to concieve..abraham acting in the flesh without faith got his wifes maid servent pregnant and ishmeal was born. this was an act without faith, but an act of the flesh, Abraham tried to make Gods word happen (he tried to "change" circumstances.

God said no, it would come through sarah. so abraham had sex with sarah believeing that God would live uop to His word and He did, God effected a miricle and barren sarah bore a child, a product in faith. GOd then told Abraham several years later to take his promised son and sacrifice him on an alter..this is the one God told abraham that through him his seed would be like the stars.

so, Abraham, believed that God would fulfill His word, regardless of the circumstances and went to sacrifice issac. then God told him not to do it etc..Abraham took God at His word and acted o it.

thats what you have to do, study to shew thyself approved unto God a workman that deos not need to be ashamed rightly dividng the word of truth.

yo can't make thw changes on your own, God has to do it otherwise you just producing an ishmeal and not an issac.

most Christians produce ishmeals, trying to do it themselves. thats called "will worship" it being an act of the flesh and not an act of faith, its doomed to failure.

remember the words of Yeshuah "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:32-39).
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Nov 29, 2005, 09:40 PM
    Lost
    Being a Christian is a journey, not a destination. As long as you keep on the journey you will grow in the Lord and become stronger where you feel you need to be. The most impirtant is to remembeer that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those that endure to the end.

MORGANITE

:)
    yellowed soul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 11:01 AM
    My Dear sister.
    Amazing Grace
    "Our LORD has promised GOOD TO US.
    HIS WORD YOUR/OUR/US FAITH SECURES."

When WE'VE/US/as ONE have been here TEN THOUSAND YEARS
    WE'VE NO LESS DAYS TO SING GOD'S praise THEN WHEN WE'VE
    First begun".
    This is the WORD OF OUR LORD.
    There is NO HELL for there IS HEAVEN! Fear not my sister, ALL of GOD's
    Creations are EQUAL to HIM.
    You, me, we, us are all ONE under GOD and as per OUR LORD, your place
    On earth, in heaven is secured. ( Heaven ON EARTH is the plan ).
    God Bless US ALL / ALL MEN / Amen
    God Blees us all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Find My Way [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: i am a 25 yr old male on the 27th of this month i start a new job for a major printing company sounds nice right? But its not i will be working 12 hr days 3 to 4 days a week no leaving the property and absolutely no smoking this i can deal with but music is my passion im not fond of the...

Where to find [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for website that will actuyally let me read the books online for free

How to find out ? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everybody, How to findout weather my computer is being observed by other people or not. I mean if my computer is hacked or not??

View more questions Search