Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myturn053 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Heat setting
    I live in Ny state and own a house with an apartment what is the correctthermasate setting for heat is the heat to be set at 68 degress or 72 degress > Where can I look up this information
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Nov 3, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Call your local building code enforcement office/dept or GOOGLE NY landlord heat requirements
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 05:57 PM
    If you are trying to save money, they suggest 68 degrees (and lower when you are not at home, but not lower than 55). I do not know if there is a mandated temperature for an apartment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFA Heat; Poor Heating in Apt - Heat is Trapped Near the Ceiling [ 6 Answers ]

In a nutshell: The warm-air registers in my apt are at the very top of the ten foot high walls. Hot air does not circulate properly to heat my 1-bedroom apartment. Details: Based on what I know about the basics of energy, heat rises. And I can't for the life of me understand who thought...

AC unit won't turn off when on heat setting [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Amana furnace and for some reason the cool air keeps blowing out. Both the furnace and the ac unit seem to be running at the same time. Earlier today I was able to get hot air out of the vents, but now nothing but cold air. The thermostat is set to heat, so I don't know why the ac unit...

Furnace continues to heat past the desired temp. Setting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace with an AC unit. My wife wanted to replace the old mercury thermostat with a new digital model. We bought a Honeywell RTH230B. Now the furnace continues to heat, well past the set temperature on the thermostat. I have to switch the thermostat to the off position to get the...

Programmable Thermostat, Fan runs, Heat/Air do not run in Auto setting [ 10 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell, RTH230B. My connections are: R to Rh (red jumper to Rc that came with the unit) W to W Y to Y G to G B to nothing The fan comes on (when set to "on").

View more questions Search