Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EveningOfFate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Connecting to XBOX 360 Live?
    I reccently got the 360 about two months ago and I'm now just wanting to try xbox live. Problem is... when I tried xbox said my IP server wasn't connected? Now there are several computers around the house and I'm using one of the extra computers that uses a network adapter in order to have internet access. So I have the ethernet cable connected to the back of the 360 as well as at the back of the tower. Why isn't it still not working? What am I doing wrong?
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Nov 5, 2007, 09:44 PM
    You will either have to hook the cable into a modem or router and not through the computer. You have to treat the 360 like another computer and hook it up independently, either to a modem or router. Hope it helps...
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Yer mate czerno is correct. There is a very difficult way to do it through the PC but its not worth the time. I would look at connecting your xbox 360 wired or getting a netgear homeplug. It runs the network thorugh your electricity supply. Or alternatively you can buy an xbox 360 wireless adapter. Either of these will work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What game is the best for xbox 360 [ 16 Answers ]

Well I'm trying to beat out my friends because we have a little comp to see who has the best game so I was just wandering if anyone has any suggestions:D

Xbox 360 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just playing my 36i went to turn it on then three flashing red lights appeared I checked the power cable and it was a green colour which meant it was fine. I was getting no picture though. Is it the AV cable or is it basically screwed

Xbox 360 hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a compatible hard drivr or storage other then the 1 for xbox360

Xbox 360 Laptop [ 10 Answers ]

I read in one of my Xbox magazines, that they were going to come out with a 360 laptop. It's still under development and they don't have any dates when it comes out. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything or has heard anything about the Xbox 360 laptop.

View more questions Search