Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helenmarie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 04:58 PM
    Help! What are they?
    I recently moved into halls/dorms at university and I keep finding these little bugs in my room, and although I believe them to be harmless, I want to know what they are.
    They are very small, the biggest one I've found being just under half a cm in length. They move and look like tiny caterpillars and are dark grey in colour. They are kind of fat as well.
    I recently came back after being away for a week and they were in my bed too, which is where I draw the line!
    Any ideas??
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Nov 14, 2005, 04:08 PM
    Do they roll up in a little ball when they are disturbed?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 14, 2005, 04:25 PM
    http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/taxonomy_menu/3/15

Check this or another entemology site and try to find the type, or take a picture and send it to us. Good Hunting.

P.S. We do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please: click the Rate This Post link which is located on the date line above our names, on the right next to the post number, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks!
    helenmarie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2005, 03:16 AM
    Oh wow! Thank you so much... it looks a lot like the carpet beetle on the far right. Ill get my hoover out!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 15, 2005, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helenmarie
    Oh wow! Thank you so much... it looks a lot like the carpet beetle on the far right. Ill get my hoover out!!
    Glad we could help.

P.S. We do this on our free time and really appreciate feedback if our answers/advice helped or not, please: click the Rate This Post link located on the blue date line above our names on the right side, next to the number of the post, click on Approve or Disapprove, and give a comment. Thanks!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2005, 06:02 AM
    Dorms
    Hi,
    Does your Dorm have a Resident Manager?
    Years ago, when I attended a university, lived in the Dorm, we had a Resident Manager, and each "named hall" within each Dorm had a "section advisor".
    I suggest you tell one of those people (if you have one) about the bug problem.
    Your Dorm just might need some attention by a Pest Control person or company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search