Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aescobar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Visitation Rights
    As a father... I need to know what are my Visitation Rights in Texas with my Son during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. Can somebody please help?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Hello a:

Your visitation rights are written in your divorce papers. What's that?? You aren't divorced?? You weren't married?? You've NEVER been to court?? Well then, I think I'd go asap.

Until then, you and the mother will have to work that out between yourselves.

excon
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 06:20 AM
    If you have a court ordered visitation set up through the courts... then it will be addressed in those papers. If not, you have no "visitation rights" that you can inforce and it is up to you and the mother to work something out.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Nov 4, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Along with what macksmom said if you are looking for a typical visitation schedule as to those holidays... they are usually alternated between the parents each year. So you can expect Thanksgiving while she has Christmas one year and vice versa. Another is that some parents share each entire holiday break equally each year. If you do not have any order go get one.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Nov 4, 2007, 12:23 PM
    My ex gets from 9am to 1:30pm on Thanksgiving and Christmas day with thirty days notice that he wants to get them. I think that everyone does what's best for them and their families but you get nothing if you don't have an order or can't talk to the other parent. Get an order if you don't already have one, that's the only way to protect your rights to your children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation Rights [ 2 Answers ]

If you signed your rights away from your child do you still have to pay child support? Do you still have visitation rights?:confused:

Visitation Rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I live in Florida and would like to know if my 14 year old daughter can make a decision as to when she spends time with me. She says she wants to be with her friends and that she doesn't want to come to my house so much. My wife and I moved to Naples 3years ago and they still live in Miami....

Visitation rights [ 2 Answers ]

When I filed for visitation I stayed in the same county as my child. Then the mother of my child decided to move an hour away from the county I have my visitation in. Can that be considered interfering with my visitation because she moved so far and is refusing to met me in order for me to pick...

Visitation Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Do aunts and uncles have visitation rights?

Visitation Rights? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question about visitation rights as an aunt. My brothers wife will not allow any of my family to see my nephew without my brother or her being there, but she will allow her family take him for days at a time. Is there something I can do as an aunt so that I can spend a few hours with my...

View more questions Search