Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    senthilelu Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Electrical voltage rating in north america
    Any one knows about the nominal voltage and frequency rating in north america!!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Common residential is 120/240 volts, 60 Hz(Cycles)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 09:25 AM
    You need to go no further than this forum to find plenty of references to 110/220. The more precise posters will use 120/240.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there glutathione pills in north america [ 1 Answers ]

All the doctors I have heard on TV they say Glutathione will not work by taking it in pills form or any form, so what is the story here, and all the people here who are selling it, are they from the Philippine, how do they get to speak good English? So what you think? Has any body seen results...

Electrical in rural America [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I purchased a country house in rural America. I am from California needless to say rural America is more lax then California. I have 2 120v mercury vapor lights in my yard. I trace the wires down (Via Aerial) and the go right to main service disconnect. I have also seen people out here...

Sudden voltage drop in an electrical line? [ 3 Answers ]

I removed a fluorescent light and replaced it with a ceiling fan/light combo a little over a month ago. It was working fine until two days ago. I turned the switch, the lights flickered and then the whole thing went dead. When I use a circuit tester the test light is lit, but it looks dim...

Electrical outlet rating vs. Circuit breaker amperage rating [ 5 Answers ]

Hello to all, I am new to this forum, please excuse me if this question has been answered. I just bought a Thermal Dynamics Plasma cutter. It has a Nema 50-P plug end on it, which I assume is to be plugged into a Nema 50-R outlet. In looking in my reference book, this is a 3 wire...

North [ 1 Answers ]

Although samuel ringgold ward was a free african american what commentary to dose he offer about his life in the north

View more questions Search