Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 13, 2005, 11:37 AM
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Have a look here:http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssc...aws/u2l4a.html
    And have a think about an aeroplane.
    scienciehelpplease Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 11:39 AM
    Thanks but I also read this about Newtons Third law so I am confused Mass and Energy are interchangeable, and vice-versa.
    saturday Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 01:54 PM
    For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 02:33 PM
    It isn't exactly about mass and energy it is about saturdays answer, read on:

Sir Isaac Newton first presented his three laws of motion in the "Principia Mathematica Philosophiae Naturalis" in 1686. His third law states that for every action (force) in nature there is an equal and opposite reaction. In other words, if object A exerts a force on object B, then object B also exerts an equal and opposite force on object A. Notice that the forces are exerted on different objects.

For aircraft, the principal of action and reaction is very important. It helps to explain the generation of lift from an airfoil. In this problem, the air is deflected downward by the action of the airfoil, and in reaction the wing is pushed upward. Similarly, for a spinning ball, the air is deflected to one side, and the ball reacts by moving in the opposite direction. A jet engine also produces thrust through action and reaction. The engine produces hot exhaust gases which flow out the back of the engine. In reaction, a thrusting force is produced in the opposite direction.

You can access this information to if you know what to look for in Google. Are you doing this for your son or daughter's homework for school ? If you are they will learn a lot more if they look this up themselves.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Mass and energy being interchangeable is Einstein's law E=mc^2, nothing to do with Newton.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with some ap work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm completely stressed out with all the work that needs to be done over the summer I thought I was moving but I'm not so I have 2 weeks to do a ton of worksome questions I can't get and imhoping someone can help me What efforts were made to strengthen english control over the colonies of the...

Help with work out [ 4 Answers ]

Heylo. I am having troubles. I see everyone and I see them being strong and fast and I wish I could be like them. I want to be strong I want a desent body. I would really like more muscle tone and muscle period. The promblem is that I'm realativly weak and all I have is a barbel. And some leg...

Does this work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I found these new products on this website check it out. Also some of the products on the web site have hq while others don't. http://www.4derm.com/displaysingle.asp?criteria=35806&dr_id=1004L

IE doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

IE6 usually worked fine although it'd gone slow lately. But last night when I clicked on the IE icon, which takes me to the default page, it showed the casual "Cannot find page" and then went to this page http://204.177.92.68/rotate/r3.html . It didn't actually go to this page. Just showed the url...

View more questions Search