Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joleen31274 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2005, 09:12 AM
    My Computer
    Please help me?? I have Windows XP Home Edition Hewlett-Packard, when I got my computer I didn't know I was suppose to create a recovery disk. My problem is that I clicked on system recovery and now my computer is completelt blank. It keeps telling me to insert a disk but not too sure what disk it's talking about, I don't have any disk to begin with whether it's recovery disk or what. If that's the case how can I get one? Just to let you know I am just a beginner on computers.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 13, 2005, 12:42 PM
    I assume you bought this computer second hand, otherwise you would have some cd's with it. Try phoning HP customer support, they may be able to help. With so little information it is difficult to suggest another course of action, especially because you have no disks to use. Sometimes all the recovery information is hidden on your computer for use in cases like this. Tech support at HP will know whether your computer has this function built in.

Good Luck, post back with any progress or other details/questions.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2005, 06:56 AM
    New computer
    Hi,
    You say that "I don't have any disk to begin with wether it's recovery disk or what."
    Some computer manufacturers do not send the installation CD's, and others needed, with a new computer.
    If this is a new computer, please call Customer Service, as suggested by another, and tell them the problem. Also, tell them to send you your Install CD's for XP.
    If you have bought a used computer, go back to the place you bought it and ask for the CD's for XP. If you can't get any of them, then perhaps calling customer service can help.
    If they can't help, you might have to buy XP !
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2005, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joleen31274
    Please help me???? I have Windows XP Home Edition Hewlett-Packard, when I got my computer I didn't know I was suppose to create a recovery disk. My problem is that I clicked on system recovery and now my computer is completelt blank. It keeps telling me to insert a disk but not too sure what disk it's talking about, I don't have any disk to begin with wether it's recovery disk or what. If that's the case how can I get one? Just to let you know I am just a begginer on computers.
    Please open the manual that came with the PC or download the manual from HP.com. It will tell you how to create the disks. What HP does is put an image for the disks on a hidden partition on your hard drive. I believe you can press F10 during the power up process to access that area to create the disks, but it may vary for the model you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer [ 3 Answers ]

How to format my compuer

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Computer [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my computer say "this program has performed an illeagle opperation and will be shut down." All I'm doing when this message pops up is looking from one sight to the next. How can I get this to stop popping up on me. :-/

Computer [ 1 Answers ]

I want information about latest version of windows xp.

View more questions Search