Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rob453 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Should I visit my family despite of lots of inconveniences this would cause?
    They want me to visit this weekend. I go to college in the city and live on-campus and I have my parents and married sister in far suburbs. I have used to visit them every 2- 3 weeks on weekends but its little bit hassle, because once I step out to train station in suburbs there is no way to get home without calling my sister or father to drive me. They are sometimes busy and I have to adjust to their schedule. Besides last time when I visited them during family weekend, I did not feel too much comfortable, mainly because my mother use to attack me for errors. For ex, when I walked out church few minutes before end of mass. And that's because am going to have bad luck in life. I do not understand why it is disturbing for her that I have different believes. And when she calls me she always asks me only about material things, nothing like have I made new friends, do I have fun. And she points that I chose wrong major, despite the fact that I like it and doing good at it, though I would do better if I had better courses in high school. And she also dramatize that I spend too much money for college and I am going to get in huge debts. She goes paranoid. Last time when I went, I hoped to get relaxed, get some rest, but actually I got more stressed.

Should I go? I am not too much into visit them, because of those hassles. And besides in 3 weeks quarter is ove and have 1 month brake. I would rather stay on this weekend with friends. Especially since I live in dorms and never had too much time to spend time with them because of study and going suburbs on weekends.

Also when I come, they want to me give some money to help me with expenses, but I do not like to take money and I think it may even look me bad.Currently I have work study once a week and I am looking for seasonal job for winter break.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 10:53 AM
    It sounds like you would benefit emotionally by staying on campus during breaks. (I'm stressed out just reading your post!) The last thing you need in college is stress from family members. Take care of yourself!
    rob453 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2
    -

Nov 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Well in break I will have to go back home, since they close the dorms during break. But probably I am going to stay one more weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Wanting to visit family in UK while on probation [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have recently have gotten in trouble with the law but nothing severe. I was hoping to travel to England to visit my sister in college. My court case in a week. My soon to be PO told me to research the boarder regulations. I will only be gone for 5-6 days. I thought though that the PO should...

I have a 12 yr. Old spoiled cousin, but I want to visit family there too [ 2 Answers ]

Before I say anything more- I'm apologizing in advance for the longness of this: My cousin is 12 years old and she's a spoiled brat to the Nth degree. The best way I can describe how much is by starting at the beginning: When she was 2-3 yrs. Old, (I'm 8 yrs. Older than her) she was already...

Visit me [ 2 Answers ]

visit me at my website which will soon have video game information on it. Site under construction I would like the people who go there to private message me

View more questions Search