Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Nov 2, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Will the world end in 2012
    So I was watching a show today and they were talking about the Mayan calendar and how it ends in 2012. It stated that when the calender ends the world would end. They even gave the that of Dec 22 2012. It goes on to say that
    The Mayan people were genuises. They knew what would happen on the sun 3000 years before it happens. They started their calendar on 3013 B.C. which is the time that planet Venus warped on its axis and Earth which is farther from the sun escaped the magnetic field change. From that day they measured from revolutions of planet Venus and came up with 1,366,560 days. On earth it is 1,366,040 days. So just to show you how smart they were they measured this time through planet Venus. They predicted that in 1,366,560 days on Venus the sun would again flip on its axis due to a change in it magnetic field. On that exact day(AD 750) the sun flipped on its axis and due to a minimun in sunspots and a nuetral sheet shift on earth, causing infertility, increased infant mortality, and a minimum ice age, accompanied by a catatrophic drought. And on that exact date the Mayan disappeared from the face of the earth. By decoding the Lid of Palenque, the Mosiac Mask, the Jade Necklace, and other Mayan treasures one scientist, engineer, and mathmetician discovered things no Mayantoligist had ever discovered before. He learned that in their religion there is a catastrophic disaster about every 5000 years that almost totally anialates all mankind. About 5000 years after their calendar started which is 3013 B.C. would be 2012. Well these people were so smart they predicted their own demise
    So what does everyone think?
    I'm not a scientist but I am interested in what could or will happen.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:04 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spirit...Mayan+Calander

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/astron...Mayan+Calander

We have been all through this. No one, that I can find, can predict the future with any amount of accuracy. If they could, my portfolio would not be down 14% today! I guess you just got to have faith that your higher power is in control and looking out for your best interest. That's all I believe.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:10 AM
    We'll know when we get there
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:17 AM
    I personally feel that it might be an end of an era, but a major changing event here. Mayan calendar is a very interesting topic and I am sure we will find out soon enough, what it might mean.

Joe
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
    So we may not make it through a Hillary administration?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Oh my, Hiliary is the devil in disguise and she will bring down the world with her evil ways.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
    If Bush didn't do it then there is still hope for humanity 'cause God knows he's trying to start WWIII.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Nov 2, 2007, 10:47 AM
    LOL good answer need karma, it's time for something to change.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 10:55 AM
    WWIII has already started.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Thank goodness my house is not in a "target rich" location.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Nov 2, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Magprob is right, no one knows when the world will end, only God. Mayan calendar is interesting, I think, but it is man made. If old Hil gets in, all bets are off!
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 2, 2007, 12:05 PM
    I don't think it means anything bad will happen. I remember right before the new millennium, everyone was saying there would be WWIII, all computers would crash, and the world would turn into a post-apocalyptic anarchist state. Obviously that didn't happen. I think people read too much into stuff. Personally, I believe that the world may end someday, but no one will know when. And I think it will definitely be a long time from now- not going to happen in my lifetime.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:17 PM
    http://www.markfiore.com/animation/smart.html
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 01:21 PM
    I think it's ludicrous that so much credence is given to Mayan prophesies when in many of the theories about their own demise, they caused it themselves! Idiot savants? Perhaps... They did have time to study the sky...
    But whether you believe they overpopulated their isolated region of the face of the Earth, or over-harvested the local flora for a more immediate gain, they under-predicted the "window of fate" for themselves. Live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Thank goodness my house is not in a "target rich" location.
    Canada Nuke
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Nov 3, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Yes indeed,the Mayans were very good at maths,astronomy,and a host of other "cultural" ideas.However,Nasa,and other orgs around the world are probing the skies for signs of "alien" life,and more importantly,keeping track on rogue asteroids that might,but probably won't,come our way.With only three percent of the skies scanned so far,it only needs one rogue lump of rock,say a kilometre wide, to "hit out of nowhere",and it's goodnight to 90% of life on earth.That could happen well before 2012,say next week.That would destroy the Mayon prediction then.

In other words,read it as "interesting",but don't take it too seriously.Do I think the Earth could be wiped out next week,or it will end in 2012? I have more chance of winning millions on the lottery I think. :D
    the one who kno Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 03:39 PM

Yea I think it will. But only as we know it. I thought it was December 21st? But only as we know it, it cood be we die, aliens come down, or something big will happen. But also I think because everything else they predicted came true!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by the one who kno View Post
    yea i think it will. but only as we know it. i thought it was december 21st? but only as we know it, it cood be we die, aliens come down, or something big will happen. but also i think because everything else they predicted came true!

This thread has been "dead" for 2 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ancient mayan calendar end date in 2012 [ 57 Answers ]

During the last year I kept stumbling upon information regarding 2012, more specifically the 21st of December 2012 (12/21/12) and have become very interested in what the ancient Mayans knew surrounding this upcoming event for Earth and the Uinverse and the Universal beings here awaiting this event....

Front end and back end [ 2 Answers ]

Difference between front end and back end of web page?

2012 end of world [ 18 Answers ]

The maya had this belief that they could tell time using a 13 moon counting system and they said that time would end on 21 of December of 2012 now then if you believe this then please put down why you think this if you don't believe like me then put down how and why I think this is fasanating to...

Please someone help me It would mean the world truly. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a soon to be 18 year old who will start my Senior year of High School. I have a friend who lives in Kentucky it's a she. We've known each other for two years talked to each other through phone,internet, and letters. We both love each other as friends an see each other as dating material...

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

View more questions Search