Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dat4160 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Home odor
    What does mold/mildew smell like?? I am renting a duplex that has a smell I can only describe as urine. It seams like it is getting worse over the past 3 months since I have been here. I do not have any pets. I do not have any carpet. I have not seen any pets when the new people moved in next door. (last week) and there were non before. There are plenty of squirrels outside as I live next to a large bunch of trees, and ditch.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Is it possible there are animals (ie: mice, squirrels, raccoons) living in the walls or ceiling? Mold usually doesn't smell like urine. Where do you find the odour is the worse? For instance, does it seem to be worse in the bathroom or on a carpet? Is your home damp? If so, a dehumidifier might help, especially if there is urine in the floors, etc.

Could the smell be coming from a neighbours? Perhaps someone keeps a lot of cats and they aren't cleaning the litter boxes?

Hope this helps a bit.

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange odor in my home [ 19 Answers ]

When I came home tonight, there was a strange odor in our house. It smelled like nail polish remover. Nobody in our house had nail polish or remover out, or anything that smells like it. It seems to be the strongest by our washer and dryer. The living room and kitchen also smell. It does not smell...

Home Odor [ 6 Answers ]

We have this odor that smells like mildew. The A/C guy came and checked out the vents and the unit, and could not find anything. Who can we call to figure it out. It's strongest just outside the closet containing the heating/cooling unit, and now it seems to be going through the vent. Please...

Home water has odor [ 2 Answers ]

The water for my home has developed a smell. This is well water. I have had the well for 25 years and it just started to have this odor. I replaced the hot water heater about 2 years ago. Does anyone know a possible source or solution.

Roving odor in home [ 4 Answers ]

Terrible odor lasts from hours to months. Just started in January, 2007. Old house, bought at sherriff's auction, living here 3 years. The smell travels from daughter's bedroom to master bathroom. These rooms are not connected. Master bedroom is a home addition basically across hall and...

Odor in home [ 2 Answers ]

We have a similar problem as others mentioned. A strong odor only in one room of the house, living room, and not always present. Typically when is it there, we notice in the morning and in the evening, but not usually during the day. Seems to be stronger during the hotter seasons, we're in S FL...

View more questions Search