Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarieAnn Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Previous installation of D-link - password
    Approx. 4 years ago a tech installed d-link di-614+ 2.4GHz Wireless Broadband Router on my home computer. I have one computer linked and want to add another. I attempted to get into the site by typing the IP but it asks for user and password. I typed in admin for user but don't know the password. There is no way I can contact the tech because the company is out of business. What can I do? Or can I turn on my laptop (the one I want to add) and will it detect it? Is there another way to do it? Thanks for your help.
    heladoman Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Try user ID: "admin". Password: "password". I've had D'lnk routers in the past and that's what they used.
    Worst case scenario, hard reset and reconfigure your network.
    Hope this helps and good luck to you. :-D
    MarieAnn Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Thank you - that worked. Now another question - how do I secure the network? I've changed the password in administrator / tools but it keeps showing the default as 'unsecured network.' I an the network wizard using a flashcard as recommended and plugged it into the new laptop I want to add and it seemed to transfer under 'home computers' - but then when I click on wireless networks in range - it just shows the default as above. I didn't do something right - something didn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can a previous employer say about you? [ 11 Answers ]

I left my job of almost 2 years just recently. I am now seeking employment elsewhere and wanted to know if my previous employer can give me a "bad" reference. I didn't really leave on the best terms (did not give two weeks notice, but DID finish my shift that day, and informed them that I would not...

Password for Wireless D-Link DI-524 [ 4 Answers ]

How do you activate a password on my wireless router? D-Link DI-524

Physical measurement(different from the previous one) [ 1 Answers ]

How do you estimate using a digital balance? Explain the instances when the display of number flickers.

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

View more questions Search