Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wessley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2003, 03:54 AM
    Transferring big files
    Hi I'm Wessley,
    I have a movie file of around 600MB on a pc. Is it possible for me to transfer it to an other pc if I only have the internet, and a floppy drive. Is there any software available that can either zip the file sufficiently, or that can split it into smaller files?

Thanks
    fields311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2003, 03:04 PM
    transferring big files
    Hi,

There are various 'zip' software programs that will let you split the file up. The most popular one is WinZip. Just search Winzip in www.Google.com and you will find a link to download it free.

Most of them have the option of 'spanning' a large file across disks.

The only problem is that a 600mb video file will probably not compress down that far. Also, a floppy disk holds 1.44 mb, even with compression it is going to take hundreds of disks to transfer the file. This won't be very practical! :)

I think you would be better off investing in a writable cd drive (they aren't very expensive), that way you could copy the file on to a cd and transfer it that way.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring my emails to Outlook Express [ 10 Answers ]

I had to format my hard drive and before I did that I saved all of my emails using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP Home Edition. The Wizard created a folder called USMT2.unc with two files in it. One is a DAT file called IMG00001 that's 189,959KB, and the other is a file called...

Transferring my Outlook Express Files [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I should have looked and placed this post under the right topic. Anyway I had to format my hard drive and before I did that I saved all of my emails using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP Home Edition. The Wizard created a folder called USMT2.unc with two files in it....

Transferring movie/videos [ 1 Answers ]

I assume it is possible to transfer personal video footage from a digital camera memory card to a DVD Writer. Is there any specific software/hardware required? I have WinXP Home, Geforce FX5200 Ultra, display card, Realktek Audio and AMD Athlon XP3000+, MMX, 3D Now, ~2.1ghz. Any URLs on...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search