Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bheckenberg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 03:51 PM
    AC unit won't turn off when on heat setting
    I have an Amana furnace and for some reason the cool air keeps blowing out. Both the furnace and the ac unit seem to be running at the same time. Earlier today I was able to get hot air out of the vents, but now nothing but cold air. The thermostat is set to heat, so I don't know why the ac unit would run, any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 05:47 PM
    There could be a short in the thermostat wiring. The thermostat could also be defective. I am sure there are other items that can cause this also but I would check out these first.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 06:29 PM
    While you are getting the cool air out of the furnace make sure that the burner on the furnace is burning. It could be that you have a bad connection and the burner does not come on but when the time comes for the fan it will come on by a timed cycle.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Did you do any work to the system or change out the thermostat before this happen? If not I agree with hvac1000 you may have a short in the low voltage wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WeedEater Cut through Wire on outside AC Unit and now AC or Heat will not turn on [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, my weedeater cut and tangled around two small wires running from the back of the outside AC unit into the house. I am thinking this is the thermostat wire. The two wires are red and white running from the house. The two wires from the AC unit that seem to be connected to the red and white...

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Outside AC unit will not turn on. [ 3 Answers ]

Here we go... Texas heat and AC problem... The out side unit will not turn on! I bypassed the Thermostat and connected the Y to R wire and the blower turns on , but the outside unit does not come on at all, I have checked the breaker, and have turned it off and back on, but same problem... is...

Heating unit won't turn on in AUTO setting [ 1 Answers ]

My upstairs heat will not turn on in the AUTO setting . I hear the click on the thermostat for it to turn on but the fan will not blow. I can turn it on to "FAN ON" and it will blow but when I change it back to "AUTO" the fan shuts off and won't come on. Any ideas?

View more questions Search