Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helphelphelpme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Length of diagonal of square
    Just got home from school. Must not have paid attention in class today haha.

What is the length of the diagonal of a square whose side lengths are 7 square root of 2?
    DonnieLSD Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Nov 1, 2007, 12:11 PM
    I don't follow the question. Do all of the sides measure 7? And are you trying find the distance from corner to corner?
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Nov 1, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Draw yourself a picture. A square's diagonal is the hypotenuse of a right triangle where the other two sides are the length of the square's side. Just use The Pythagorean equation
    helphelphelpme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
    So I do 7^2+7^2=C^2

Meaning: 49+49=C^2
    98=C^2

So or the answer I should write 9.899 or 9.9 correct?
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Dec 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
    you've got the right idea. You just used the wrong data. You said that the side was , not 7. Replace your 7s with the real side length and you'll be good to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Length of retainment [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how long crack cocaine stays in your urine/blood samples, vs straight cocaine in your urine/blood samples? Thank you.

Ventline length [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm doing a basment bathroom. Toilet, shower and vanity. Will be running a ventline off the line from the vanity. Does it matter how long or how many elbows you get in a ventline run? It will be a 2in vent line.I have to come up the wall, 45 elbow, across the room, 45 elbow,around an air vent,...

Rebound Length [ 2 Answers ]

I was married for 4 years, until we both decided to divorce. It was not a bad break-up, it was more of us knowing we had made a mistake. Shortly after I entered a new relationship. My new boyfriend and I have been dating over a year. But my family says that I have a rebound relationship. Do I?...

Diagonal argument? [ 1 Answers ]

Consider the following problem: We have the following sets: A={S where S is a bounded sequence of natural numbers} B={S where S is an increasing bounded sequence of natural numbers} I need to prove that set A is not denumerable and set B is denumerable. For the first one, could I use...

View more questions Search