Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinderstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Alaska cruise - balcony on port or starboard?
    We are planning a northbound Alaska cruise next spring on Princess. Having decided to book a room with a balcony, which side of the ship offers the best views?
    Thank you.:)
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Nov 2, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Derpends on what you want to see.
    On portside you will see ocean, starboard you may see land, this depends on how far the ship is offshore.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 07:08 AM
    If your ship makes a round-trip, you will see ocean and sea - one coming, the other going.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cinderstar
    We are planning a northbound Alaska cruise next spring on Princess. Having decided to book a room with a balcony, which side of the ship offers the best views?
    Thank you.:)
    Northbound only? The choice depend on the route they are taking and whether you prefer to view sunsets from the Port balcony, or more mountains and wildlife from the Starboard balcony. Bear in mind, you'll be free to roam around the ship most any time of the day or night. Don't forget to pack chapstick and bug repellent. Hehe Take plenty of pictures. They'll never get boring. I'm from Alaska so I'd like you to post some here when you get back. Please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

One way cruise or longer port stays [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard that cruise lines are now offering one way cruise, I have searched the internet and can not find any information. I want to cruise to the carribeans for my honeymoon but I would like to stay in the carribeans for a couple extra and just fly back, or are there cruises that you can port...

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

Can we cruise Alaska [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a felony. We would like to cruise to Alaska but, are not sure if we can get into Canada to board the cruise ship and even just in cruising we would be in Canadian territory so, do you know if we can even go on an Alaskian cruise?

Balcony Rail Liability [ 5 Answers ]

I have a condo in Florida which has a balcony rail. I have been told it doesn't meet the code requirements and I must replace it. Where can I find the present requirements and the possibility of being grandfathered?

Alaska cruise balcony or not? [ 3 Answers ]

We are planning a cruise to alaska for our family including my mother in law, her first cruise. Is it worth the extra money to have a stateroom with a balcony, or is an oceanview better for the cost. We have cruised before, but never with a balcony room before. Any input on the alaskan cruise...

View more questions Search