Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahikamf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2003, 03:53 AM
    Disable standby mode in RED HAT
    Hello
    How can I disable the standby mode in RED HAT operating system.
    I have tried to change the screen saver to DISABLE, but it didn't help.

Thanks
    sclark Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2003, 06:00 PM
    Disable standby mode in RED HAT
    Using ConfigX or an editor, you can edit your xconfig file as per http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/l...de/doc125.html and set your DPMSstandbyDelay to a hideously large number. You may also need to alter the offDelay and suspendDelay as well.

This won't completely disable standby mode, but if it is set to 100 hours, you can usually bet that there would be some user interaction in that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't Go on standby [ 1 Answers ]

Getting message " drivernecpci to usb enhanced host controler is keeping this computer from goeing into standby mode. What is it , and how do I find it and get drivers for it? Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give J.schoeler

Moniter standby [ 14 Answers ]

I decided to clean my heat sync and fans before I attempted to unlock my Athlon to make sure that the cooling I got was sufficient. I removed all the IDE cables and unplugged all the power cables, took my motherboard out of the case so I could get at things more easily. Then I detached the sync...

Standby & hibernate sticks in w2000 pro [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I try to save energy by using STANDBY or HIBERNATE the next morning I can't get my mouse curser ot move?  It like I'm forzen except fpr a few isolated times where I jiggled the mouse and everything came on and worked just fine? I usually have to Reboot most of the time? :-[  

Monitor goes into standby immediately [ 14 Answers ]

A friend's computer has the following problem only if the printer is connected to the USB port of the computer when the computer and monitor are switched on. The monitor immddiately goes into standby and nothing can be seen on the screen. If the printer's USB cable is disconnected from the...

View more questions Search