Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i5wikCedi3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 09:27 AM
    ECU fuse and turn/reverse signal fuse problems
    He, I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback and has had electrical problems since the day I got it. This sh*t sucks. First, it was the ignition that kept burning up and I went through 3, and found the solution. Fixed that problem and now, there's another. The ECU fuse in the engine bay keeps blowing out when I put it on reverse and my car shuts off. My turn signal/reverse fuse keeps blowing when I start the car. My gauge cluster doesn't work when the turn signal/reverse is blown. Can anyone help me with this problem ASAP?? Please!!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 10:07 AM
    . Does the CEL stay on?

. It wouldn't surprise me if the ECM was fried and shorting out internally. Run the K-Test on the ECM:

The K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (not start). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt.
    i5wikCedi3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Hey, thanks for your response. There was no light on, only the battery light, but it's fixed now, eventually the transmission reverse sensor power was touching the engine. And that's why it kept blowing the ECU fuse and reverse/turn signal lights. Thanks a lot for your help. This place works a lot better than Honda-tech. I get better and quicker responses. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    . Does the CEL stay on?

. It wouldn't surprise me if the ECM was fried and shorting out internally. Run the K-Test on the ECM:

The K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (not start). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt.
    tien12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 06:03 AM
    My 04 civic fuse keep blowin out
    What can I do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic starter signal fuse [ 6 Answers ]

I have the common problem of my '94 Honda Civic DX starting sometime only. I am zeroing in on the main relay diagnosis but it is frustrating when the car does start after turning the key and leaving it on until I hear the "click" of the relay. The car has never left me stranded but I've had to...

Blown Fuse [ 1 Answers ]

A brief background before the problem occurred. This morning I was caught in a traffic jam, wherein I had to idle the car for about 15 minutes. Thereafter the driving was normal until I stopped at a traffic signal for over 145 seconds. This time I had switched off the engine. I was unable to...

My turn signals aren't working.bulbs or fuse? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 saturn sl2 sedan and the turn signals have been acting up for a while... they come on for a while and then stop blinking, both on the dash and on the lights themselves... now they have stopped altogether. Would this be bad bulbs or a bad fuse? All the signals stopped left, right,...

1990 Honda Civic fuse problems [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to get a 1990 Honda Civic to run. I am looking at the fuse panel under the stearing wheel. There is no cover. I am missing 6 different fuses. I think one of them might be to the fuel pump. Can any one tell me what amp fues goes in each slot, and which one goes to the fuel pump?? Where...

Looking for a Fuse [ 1 Answers ]

Can't find this fuse anywhere. I've checked ACE Hardware, Radio Shack and several sites on the web. BUSS AGA 3A 125V This fuse is the standard 1/4'' dia and 9/16" long. Any help will be appreciated.

View more questions Search