Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AbBy23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Bad dreams lead to a bad relationship?
    Hey lately I have had 4 bad dreams about me and my boyfriend and all have been about betrayal .(him cheating or doing something behind my back) I have talked to him about it cause it puts me in a bad mood and he gets upset because he feels as if I believe my dreams are true I asked him if he's doing something behind my back he seds no but then whyy am I having these dreams they won't stop their making me feel so different when I'm around him cause they seem so real and I no dreams are just dreams but I don't understand. What can this mean? Could he b up 2 something or am I letting my dreams take the best of me?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 04:47 AM
    There are many possibilities and I will lay them out to you.

1) Maybe your hidden fears about betrayel are coming out in your dreams, that is the only time they can be processed.

2) Dreams can be just dreams or some dreams can be a forwarning of what is to come.

3) These dreams mean nothing and your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Now my suggestion to you is, it is good that you were honest enough to share your dreams but to become obsessed over dreams will eventually kill the spirit in your relationship and you will only push your boyfriend away because he will always feel that you do not trust him.

Is there anything in your relationship that suggest he is cheating on you? If there is not, you need to find out why you are carrying around this fear but if you continue to question him it will only hurt the relationship unless you have actuall suspicions that he is cheating on you.

What about past relationships? Had any bad experiances, or have you ever cheated on somebody else? This is a very legit question because if you ever have the fear or guilt of this could be coming out in your concience in a different way.

Only you can figure out exactly what the dreams mean and or if they mean anything at all.
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Nov 1, 2007, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AbBy23
    Hey lately I have had 4 bad dreams about me and my boyfriend and all have been about betrayal .(him cheating or doing something behind my back) I have talked to him about it cause it puts me in a bad mood and he gets upset because he feels as if I believe my dreams are true I asked him if hes doing something behind my back he seds no but then whyy am I having these dreams they won't stop their makin me feel so different when I'm around him cause they seem so real and I no dreams are just dreams but I don't understand. What can this mean? Could he b up 2 something or am I letting my dreams take the best of me??
    I don't know him, I mean he could be fueling your obsession. But it sounds like you're just letting dreams become paranoia. If he hasn't given you any reason, you have to realize that they are dreams not reality. It's as simple as that.
    geniegee2003 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AbBy23
    Hey lately I have had 4 bad dreams about me and my boyfriend and all have been about betrayal .(him cheating or doing something behind my back) I have talked to him about it cause it puts me in a bad mood and he gets upset because he feels as if I believe my dreams are true I asked him if hes doing something behind my back he seds no but then whyy am I having these dreams they won't stop their makin me feel so different when I'm around him cause they seem so real and I no dreams are just dreams but I don't understand. What can this mean? Could he b up 2 something or am I letting my dreams take the best of me??
    Look you obviously have a good relationship with him and it would be a real shame to let these dreams ruin that. You're not stupid, you know dreams are dreams, but maybe if they bother you then your boyfriend isn't the best person to talk to about them. Tell a friend or someone. These dreams don't tell you what your boyfriend is up to at all. I have dreams about being chased by myra hindley but that doesn't mean it has happened or is going to happen.
    Do you have a real fear he is up to something? If so, then ask friends what they think, it sounds drastic but do a bit of investigating. If he's acting the same found you as he always has then chances are you're letting your imagination get the better of you.
    Don't let the dreams destroy the relationship, they mean nothing xxx
    AbBy23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Thank u so much guys really means a lot and makes me feel better I'm just afraid of being betrayed and yes in the past had that problem... sucks but let hope these dreams stop thanks again
    fifi12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 12:56 AM
    I have dreams that make me feel bad I really love the one I'm with, but at the same time I feel she doesn't love me the way I do.

You should talk to him. I some times feel the same way that's what I did. It solved my problems.

Edited/T

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In a bad relationship and can't get out [ 4 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and have been in my current relationship for 5 years. Throughout the relationship I have heard on a numerous of occasions that he has cheated on me with other girls. He has a really bad temper and doesn't really let me do what I want to do. If I do go out I get a number of...

Bad Dreams! [ 6 Answers ]

As some of you know, I recently had a miscarriage about two weeks ago. I've been dealing with it okay although it does hurt to think about sometimes and is very frustrating. My problem is that I've been having the worst dreams, here is an example: "I'm using the potty and all of a sudden an...

Bad Relationship [ 6 Answers ]

Well yesturday while I was over talking to me ex-girlfriend her younger sister asked me out. Well at first that may sound good but it is not really. Her younger sister is only 13 and I am 17. What should I do?

Asthma or bad dreams? [ 3 Answers ]

YES, I'm a very overprotective "mother"... lol, I just have to make sure my new "baby" is okay! When my puppy (7 weeks old) is sleeping she makes this weird wheezing/gasping noise. She doesn't do it constantly when she is sleeping, but just every once in a while. And she will also randomly act...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search