Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2005, 06:23 PM
    Router looses connection
    I'm running an FTP site (SERVU ftp 6.0) and I keep losing connection? I'm routing through no-ip (no-ip.com) using a dynamic connection and static on the router fixed ip on the nic.Now my problem is I have to reset the ip on passive mode every time my ip changes on the router (world). I tried all static in the router with no luck. If I'm doing something wrong can you please tell me.

Router: Linksys 4 port dsl/cable with switch
    p3 800
    512 mb
    Serv-u 6.0 ftp software.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 12, 2005, 03:48 AM
    Have you set up port forwarding on the router to allow for the FTP server.

Try this site for advice: http://www.portforward.com/

This may be the issue.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Nov 12, 2005, 04:30 AM
    I'm not familiar with noip.com, but are you running the software on your workstation that updates the noip server with your current WAN Ip address ( the dynamic one from your ISP) ? I use Dynamic DNS and have to run the updater in my taskbar to maintain the correct Ip address for the domain name.

I also agree with Curlyben's question about port forwarding, but assuming your workstation is a static IP, you've probably already set that?

Nov 12, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Yes I do have port forward setup for the ftp, and running dynamic on the server software, static ip on the router for the server.I think it is a router problem, I updated the firmware, and still keep losing connection,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 12, 2005, 03:16 PM
    As Stu mentioned I think what you are doing is correct and when ever your public IP changes then you need to make sure Noip is updated with the change.

Have you considered getting a static IP addy ?

Nov 12, 2005, 05:18 PM
    Thanks guys I'm going to look into that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Router problem [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have three PC sharing my IP using a Linksys router. My problem is that I had all three PC's up and running for a few hours then lose their internet connection. If I run my cable from the modem directly to the PC it works, this is the second router I have tried both with the same problem...

WAP vs Router [ 14 Answers ]

So what is the difference between WAP and a router? I have a router with 4 computers wireless and 2 desktops wired. All have their own internet access (I don't access the internet through any one computer). I want to get a wireless printer server. Would I hook that up to another port on the...

CNC Router [ 2 Answers ]

We are using WINCNC. Is there something better? We have a Warthog CNC router, but the manufacturer's tech support isn't helping us very well. We checked the resolution and backlash compensation, but our cuts are out of the path at at the entry and withdraw points of the lines. A straight line...

Choosing a router. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody recommend a good wired router for my home network? I have 3 PCs, 2 WIN XP SP2, 1 WIN 98SE. I also have a Speedstream 5100 DSL modem. I'm thinking maybe firewalled for extra security. So far I've put my eye on the Linksys BEFSX41. ANY suggestions are apreciated. Thank you!! :)

2 router lan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm at a complete loss here... Net goes into a 4 port Netgear router. 3 ports are directly connected to computers, one runs down to another room. In that room is a lynksys router, that used to be a 3Com hub. The line from the netgear goes into the router, then 2 computers are attached...

View more questions Search