Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Screen turns black!
    This has happened more than a few times a day, on different days.

The internet connections and everything is going well and suddenly the page sort of melts,like words get jumbled or the last sentence will drag when I try to move up or down the page.
    Sometimes bits of the page will turn black,very rarely it corrects itself, most times I have had to close the browser and re-open it again.

I use something called Opera, previously I had used Mozilla Firefox,but that was only for a short time and I do not remember this happening.

Is it because of a virus or does this programme need updating?

Thanks in advance.
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
    What do I do?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 6, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Opera is another browser; that doesn't have anything to do with your problem. I believe the most likely culprits are your graphics card (hardware), bad RAM (hardware), or a corrupted video driver (operating system). A virus is always a problem. I'm assuming you're a Windows user - do you have antivirus software and make sure it runs regularly? Regarding the hardware possibilities, you might try ASTRA if you're on Windows, free to try, 30USD to buy:

ASTRA - Advanced Sysinfo Tool - Reviews and free ASTRA - Advanced Sysinfo Tool downloads at Download.com

If you're on a Mac, I'd suggest TechTool Pro for hardware diagnostics:

Micromat - Home

Vasily
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Thank you vasily.
    Yes! My anti-virus is updated and running.

Could be a bad RAM, as this one was bought second hand and I do not think we changed any of the hardware.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A different black screen of death with beeps [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Folks! I am desperate for answers. Last night, I went to shut down my laptop (HPdv5000) and it appeared frozen. I couldn't click on anything, and all screens were closed. So, I did what most non-computer people would do. I just shut it down. This morning, I went to turn it on, and :eek: a...

Black Screen + Beeps! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a HP a1740n, and all of a sudden I started it and NOTHING came on screen, not even the HP logo... It's just black, followed by one beep and then another longer one... What could it be?? Thanks!

Black Screen Of Death [ 9 Answers ]

Yesterday, I booted up my desktop computer and it refused to completely load. That is, the black screen with the Compaq splash screen would come up, and that's where the comp would stop. If I press any button, the splash screen goes away and a black screen comes up with <F10=Setup> in the bottom...

Monitor turns off after windows xp loading screen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've just been experiancing a problem with my monitor when I load up my computer it starts fine till I go2 the loading screen(windows Xp with bar underneath) then it just turns off and I've looked at a topic on here and I've done the f8 thing and tried 2 restart my monitor but still it doesn't...

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp

View more questions Search