Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2005, 03:38 PM
    Fire Wall Disablement
    Hello!
    Please tell me if I should disable my computer's fire wall because I'm having problem access through a website. I entered this site but can't proceed past a certain page. Instructions with this process said I might need to disable fire wall if had access problems. If that's something I should do , please give me directions how to do it. Thanks. Bye
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 12, 2005, 03:45 AM
    If this site is askig you to disable your firewall then I would worry as this isn't good.

If on the other hand it isn't but you are having access problems, then add the site to your allowed list.

If you can let us know which firewall it is and your Operating System then we will be able to help better.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Nov 29, 2005, 03:00 PM
    In order that you receive assistance, you must provide specifics... what firewall are you using? What website (of part thereof) are you having problems? How are you accessing the internet (e.g. dialup, dsl, cable, etc)? What is you OS? Etc

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by Bye
    Hello!
    Please tell me if I should disable my computer's fire wall because I'm having problem access thru a website. I entered this site but can't proceed past a certain page. Instructions with this process said I might need to disable fire wall if had access problems. If that's something I should do , please give me directions how to do it. Thanks. Bye

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire Ants [ 5 Answers ]

I am from east Texas,and need some advice on killing these fire ants.just ran up on this site some how,and glad I did.sounds like fun and informative.just wanted to say hi to all.

Fire [ 3 Answers ]

I had a fire in my apartment on July 27. I didn't have renters insurance. When I applied for the Fire Marshall report it stated that it was inconclusive (they could not determine who's fault it was), now my question is can I sue the management company for compensation of lost items, i.e furniture

Fire Wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a portion of my garage into a closet and a shower as part an adjacent new bedroom. I have an attic space above the remodeled area. Is there a requirement to build a fire wall to separate the attic above the new closet and shower from the rest of the garage attic? Thanks for any...

View more questions Search