Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Oct 31, 2007, 08:01 PM
    The Food Pyramid
    So I was hthinking, maybe I should follow the food pyramid? Is it a good choice?

I mean.. 6-11 servings o f breads and pastas seems like an awful lot.

Will I gain weight off a food pyramid diet? Or will it be very balanced?

http://www.ohsu.edu/healthyaging/car...od_pyramid.gif
    http://www.weight-loss-i.com/images/...od-pyramid.jpg
    br_hjs Posts: 160, Reputation: 11
    -

Oct 31, 2007, 08:06 PM
    I don't know for sure but I don't think that you would gain weight but it depends on how you eat now... if you eat a lot of junk and follow the food parmid, you won't be eating all that junk and you will eat more healthy and have the right amount of fruits and vegetables and all that you need... but when you start to get full don't force yourself to eat. If its too much then try to get at least some of all areas in the paramid but if for example you can't eat that many servings of bread or pasta... don't force yourself.

Oct 31, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Haha I wouldn't think about eating more ten 2 or 3 servings of pastas and breads. Way to many carbs for mee!

Oct 31, 2007, 08:08 PM
    I'm better off eating flaxseeed
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2007, 08:09 PM
    USDA - CNPP - MyPyramid Tracker check this out it will tell you exactly what yoou need to each and how much.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Cut out all junk food... read the ingredients cause even when it says all natural or healthy or nutri... it doesn't make it so. If you can't read it don't eat it.
    Try reading the ingredients on Nutri grain health bars over half the ingredients are sugar.
    Chips are loaded with preservatives that cause you to gain weight.
    Diet soda actually causes weight gain.
    Avoid transfats, hydogronated fats, vegetable oil, corn oil, canola oil and margarine.
    Instead use butter, omega fatty acids, olive oil, flaxseed oil and more natural oils.
    Cut out white flour and pasta and use whole grain.

Basically follow the pyramid keeping these things in mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

New food/old food/keep it the same or change? [ 4 Answers ]

Our cat has been acting a little weird lately, over the past week we have noticed that he doesn't seem to be eating the same as he did. Over the last week he will get excited that its feeding time, then I put his bowl down for him and he will lick his meat until all the jelly? Is gone off the meat...

Installing a pyramid amplifier [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2400 watt 2 channel amp I using 9ga. Power with a 100amp. Fuse block. 9ga. Ground wire and a 16ga. Remote wire when I turn on my truck it goes stright to protection mode or blows the fuse can anyone help with a answer to why this is happening:confused:

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

View more questions Search