Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drifting_senko Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Pilot not staying on
    OK. Every time I light the pilot it will saty on for a few minutes and goes off. I talked to a friend and he said it could be the thermocooper or something like that but wasn't sure also. Just wandering if you guys might have an idea or agree with him.
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Oct 31, 2007, 08:44 PM
    It might be the thermocouple or your pilot light might be dirty or the safety magnet in your firing valve could be bad make sure your vent is open no birds nest if the pilot is yellow or in a shape of a horseshoe its dirty make sure its hitting the thermocouple

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Furnace not staying on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Amana (GUD070X30B) , White-Rodgers 50A50-288 Control. The thermostat calls for heat, the gas turns on and runs for approx 15 minutes then the gas shuts off but the thermostat is still calling for heat. The inducer motor is still running and the diagnostic light is 3 Blinks...

Staying Competitive [ 3 Answers ]

I would appreciate it if someone with a legal mind could help me with the following scenario and the questions that follow. Thank you very much. Two weeks into your new and exciting responsibilities of national sales manager, you are beginning to lose your good feelings. This change of...

Weighing staying [ 8 Answers ]

I know my husband is abusive. I have four daughters, 2-11-15-17. He is 70% good and when he is bad, I hate him. But I weigh the stay or go. It would create more of a problem and upset the whole applecart to leave then to let the problem subside. I have spoken with my girls about situation at...

View more questions Search