Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 11, 2005, 11:37 AM
    Bluetooth not working
    Hi,
    I got a bluetooth but when I insert it in my usb jac it need a driver but my operating system hasn't got the driver for that usb bluetooth .
    I am running windows xp and I don't have any driver cd with the bluetooth.
    Please help
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 11, 2005, 12:03 PM
    OK, have you tried the manufactures web site, or asked the store where you bought it for the cd??

Try these first and if they don't work post back with the make and model of the dongle.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2005, 06:03 AM
    Bluetooth
    Hi,
    Since you didn't give the manufacturer, and didn't say if you have an Install CD with the Bluetooth, Curlyben has some good questions.
    Meantime, if you wish to view some good information about installing, especially ff you have SP2, then here is a link:
    http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

This link may or may not be specific to your particular Bluetooth, but is good information.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 12, 2005, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drali77
    hi,
    i got a bluetooth but when i insert it in my usb jac it need a driver but my operating system hasnt got the driver for that usb bluetooth .
    i am running windows xp and i dont have any driver cd with the bluetooth.
    please help
    There are 2 parts to using a bluetooth connection. First there is the bluetooth transceiver. This is either built into the PC or added as a USB device. When added, there is a disk that has the drivers and, more importantly, a Bluetooth Device Manager on it. This Device Manager has to be installed on the PC as well. If you did not get the disk with your device, then either go back to where you got it from or check the manufacturer's web site (as previously advised).

The other part is the Bluetooth device you wish to connect to. This also has to have drivers installed on the PC. These are installed through the Manager so the devices can be recongnized.

The final piece is running the manager to activate the device you want to connect to.

For use to help further, you need to give us details about the hardware you are using, the Bluetooth device you are trying to connect to, what exantly you have done and what happens when you try to connect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet via bluetooth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have a motorola v550 with bluetooth+bluetooth dongle+desktop PC Running on winxp. Guys I need to connect to the Internet that I'm using on the v550. Ialso have opera9 loaded on my PC. In idiots terms How do I do it. Thanks Guys

Bluetooth dongle? [ 2 Answers ]

Are bluetooth dongles specific to particular devices or is any dongle compatible with anybluetooth device?

Fan not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay fan... It was working just find for the last 4 years... I went to use it today and it won't turn on or anything plus when I turn off and on the switch on the wall I hear a click in the fan.. could this be the motor or a fuse in the fan... A friend says it's the remote but the...

Working on opt [ 1 Answers ]

I am an F1 student on my OPT. I just got a job offer and they want me to work as a contractor for a while i.e. on 1099. Can I do that?

View more questions Search