Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    triste Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 05:57 PM
    21 year old son cut off contact with me
    My 21 year old son is a senior in college with an upcoming wedding and graduate school. He excels academically and is a good kid. I asked him recently to check on his sister (they are at the same college) who had hurt her ankle the night before (I could not reach her that morning). He used to be very close with his sister until he became about 18. I know that he is very stressed, but he became angry with me for asking him to check on her. I had also expressed some concerns to him about what people were writing about her on my space; I was able to check on their (my kids') my spaces because they had given me the passcodes. Perhaps this was wrong, but I truly was concerned about my daughter and also liked to just see their photos since they rarely come home.

In a nutshell, my son accused me of using his my space to check on his sister. I denied it - a friend had actually told me that he had seen negative information there. My son was very irate, making very hurtful comments, and I told him that I had to hang up the phone. Later he blocked me from his buddy list but restored me when his sister asked him to.

I did not want the relationship to deteriorate so I sent him via e-mail information on graduate scholarships to keep the doors open. I love him dearly. He still will not return phone calls, emails, etc. I understand his anger but I do not want him to cut off contact forever and then for our relationship to die. I am worried that I will not hear from him and that the wedding will be very awkward (it is in 7 months).

What do I do? It is so painful every day. I know that I have to have my own life, but that does not ease the grief and worry.
    PoliticallyCorrect Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Oct 31, 2007, 06:17 PM
    This will pass, believe me it will. You have to be patient.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Oct 31, 2007, 06:36 PM
    If this is all it is about I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my 16 year old son so mean to me? [ 12 Answers ]

I am just devastated by the way my son treats me. Tonight he called me a ho and tells me every day that I am worthless. I have been here for him while his father, my ex husband went years without seeing him at all. I have helped him so much and tried so hard to give him a decent life. I am off...

My 16 year old son seems to have given up [ 19 Answers ]

I am a 41 year old widow who lost her husband 7 months ago... my son is 16.. he is not dealing with it well.. doesnt want to go to school anymore.. wont seek help.. doesnt see his friends anymore.. stays in his room... I don't know what to do.. I have tried everything! Can someone give me some...

Girlfriend wants no contact.until new year. [ 19 Answers ]

Here is my story. I've been dating a women eight years younger than me (I'm 34, she's 26) for a little more than two years. She's sweet, caring and trustworthy. However, there was one thing that became a problem. In February, my roommate (younger brother) moved out because he was having financial...

My 18 year old son [ 6 Answers ]

I live in NC and I have a 18 yr old son who is a college student. He was dating a wonderful girl and she got pregnant. They told me right before Thanksgiving and although shocked we accepted it and wanted to do all we could for both of them. Before Christmas his girlfriend broke up with him and...

Cut off contact with woman to get her back? [ 50 Answers ]

I was involved in a relationship with a woman for 2 and a half years and she told me 2 months ago that she now just wants to be friends. Some background: during our entire relationship, I could never fully commit to her or return to her the love in the same way that she showed me. I remained hung...

View more questions Search