Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Candle Wax on my carpet
    Hi, I have spilt candle wax on my carpet, I tried to wipe it up straight away but it has just spread. What is the best way to remove it?:)
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Oct 31, 2007, 06:58 AM
    I have to say before you try it, I haven't done it myself. You might want to get some more replies...

BUT...

I was once told if you put a paper towel or old cloth over the area and then iron over the top it draws the wax out!

Good luck!
    karabea Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro
    Hi, I have spilt candle wax on my carpet, I tried to wipe it up straight away but it has just spread. What is the best way to remove it?:)
    I have heard that if you put wax paper over the candle wax, and then lightly iron over the wax paper, the wax should come up. Just make sure that you do not leave the iron on the carpet or you might start a fire or burn a really cool patten into your carpet.
    shecez Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro
    To remove try rub ice cubes over to harden, then scrape off hardened wax, or you can get a De.Solv.It from Tesco, Waitrole, Homebase. Good luck.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Liquid Nitrgen works great. But, it's hard to find that stuff lying around. Substitutes are dry ice (Frozen Carbon Dioxide) and ice (Frozen water). You'll get low temperature "Burns" when touching the former 2. ~-346 deg F for LN2 and ~-110 deg F and 32F for water. Note the minus signs on the first two.
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Thanks for the advice guys, Im almost spoilt for choice!:)
    peter030205 Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

Nov 2, 2007, 06:47 AM
    I've used a paper grocery bag over the spot with an iron. Worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Melted candle wax [ 8 Answers ]

Hiya can anyone help me I lit a candle and the melted wax has spilt on my carpet has anyone got any idea of getting it off the carpet its gone hard!:confused: :confused:

Charged for carpet replacement, carpet was not damaged [ 4 Answers ]

I moved out of an apartment and was charged $569.06 to replace the carpet. There was one stain, approximately 12x12 that I agreed was damaged. When I moved out, the Apartment Manager alleged, in writing, that I had a pet. I did not have a pet. I am an 18 year Flight Attendant and literally...

Physic and Candle light [ 1 Answers ]

A 7·cm tall candle is placed 150·cm from a lens with a focal length of +50·cm. Note: all distances and heights should be strictly positive numbers... the type and orintation of each image is asked for separately. (a) How far from the lens will the image be? cm. (b) How tall will the image be? ...

Candle Wax in Carpet [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to get candle wax out of carpet? I have light tan carpet and dark brown candle wax spilled on the carpet at some point. I discovered it when moving furniture, so I'm not sure how long it has been there. :(

Candle wax [ 1 Answers ]

Removing candle wax from painted wood

View more questions Search