Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hco23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Bay of Fundy
    Why does the Bay of Fundy between Nova Scotia and New Brunswick have a tidal bore and a tidal range of over 15 meters (50 feet) while Chesapeake Bay has no bore and much lower tides?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 05:14 AM
    That's not a simple question to answer. You first have to understand what causes tides to occur and what happens during the changes. The need to understand fluid dynamics and subaquatic terrain, as well.

Further checking and you'll find a place in China, at the Qiantang River, where there is an eight foot tidal wave routinely, usually in September. There's even a Tide Watch Pavilion built high for better viewing. They actually hire people with boats to go out and warn people of it, but many don't listen.
    High tide at Qiantang River

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay remote control for hampton bay fans [ 2 Answers ]

We cannot get the ceiling light to go off on our fan in the bed room. It would not go on and in the middle of the night is just came on by itself and we can not get it off Joanne Moreland

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new house that is pre wired for a fan it has 4 wires coming out -red black, white, ground. My new fan is prewired with black,blue,green, white, I also have 3 switches on the wall and the fan has a light attached after wiring this fan nothing is happening. What should I do

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find discontinued hampton bay products? I need an additional Nouveau Art pendant light fixture and cannot find it anywhere!! Thanks!:

E-bay setting?? [ 1 Answers ]

?I have a question for anybody that can help. I have been an e-bayer for some time now and have not had any problems with setting on the site. Now all of a sudden am having problems when I click on a customers e-mail address, or on the feedback section. Here are my problems... I have cable line...

View more questions Search