Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funkygibbon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 04:30 AM
    Old black and white movie about a girl waiting to be born
    This ias an American 1930s or 1940s movie about a wee girl and boy in heaven waiting to be born to rich high society parents. I think the mum is an actress and the dad a playwright who keep putting off parenthood. It finishes with the girl being born to these people.
    crowman Posts: 67, Reputation: 24

Oct 31, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Try The Blue Bird. Though, I believe it mixes Black & white with Colour photography.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 10:34 AM
    This question was driving me nuts since it first appeared because I know the exact movie you are referring to, but couldn't remember the title or the lead actors because I haven't seen it in years! I know it wasn't The Blue Bird, although there is one scene which is a fantasy sequence about children waiting to be born. But, the plotline is different. The Blue Bird is more of a fairy tale with Hansel & Gretel overtones. The movie that funkygibbon is referring to takes place in New York, and the woman is definitely an actress & the father is a playwright.

I finally remembered that there was another aspect to this film. Clifton Webb had a leading role playing the angel trying to keep the couple together so that the little girl has her chance to be born. He comes down to earth and pretends to be a wealthy Texan. He was very clever and funny. The movie is actually not as old as you believe funkygibbon. It was released in 1950. Or, maybe it is a remake of an older movie that I am not aware of? Here is a link to it, click on the plot outline for a more detailed description and read the review as well. For Heaven's Sake (1950)
    bennybeagle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 11:09 AM
    I want to thank you so much for your input on this film. I know I never saw it in theatre because I wasn't born until the end of 1954 and my first memory of a theatre movie was Snow White. I was lucky enough to see it a few times as a young girl and will never forget it. Was watching the remake of Heaven can wait tonight when I recalled the original and then my mind began to wander about these types of movie plots. Mr. Jordan came to mind and I put the name in as a character and got Here comes Mr. Jordan. I have only had a computer for a couple of months and am teaching myself the ins and outs. Most times getting very frustrated and give up hope of ever finding what I am looking for. My daughter told me about IMDB, Google, and Wikipedia whichj have saved me from throwing this computer under the back wheel of my truck. Even then it has taken me 2 hours this morning to finally get to your input on this film and its title. Next with any luck I will find it on the site where I am downloading and burning movies from and will once again be watching and enjoying it once more. The cherry on top of this is that I also saw the movie Topper, that I could never get tired of seeing and hope it and the TV series are available to see. Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you... Chris E. [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find black and white movie [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to find the name of a movie I believe was made in the 1930's or 1940's in which a man murders an old woman and cements her into a fireplace.I remember seeing this movie only once about twenty years ago.

Old black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out the name of an old black and white movie of a little girl who is evil. She ends up killing a grounds keeper and a classmate because she wanted his award?

50's black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the 50's black and white movie set in the congo, and begins with the opening scene of a man riding on a bicycle and is slain by a machete wielding attacker?

Old black and white army movie [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have much info about this movie but any help would be appreciated... it is a old black and white army movie all I remember is 1 character is named pruit he and his srg. Don't like each other and end up in a knife fight in the end and pruit dies wish I could remember more

Black and white energy movie [ 1 Answers ]

Black and white movie about energy (electricity) and connecting to a higher power.

View more questions Search