Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxs038 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2003, 07:27 AM
    Computers
    I was wondering if I can hookup one computer to an other computer and download files from one to another even if they are not the same make and how I can do it?
    Danny_60 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 12:22 PM

Yes, you can do this and there are several methods for doing it.
    You could create a 2 computer network if both systems have NIC cards (Network Interface Card). You specify on each computer which drives or folders you want to be shared between the 2.
    Or, you could use a USB cable to link the 2 computers. You need a special USB PC link cable and you would have to start up a small program on each computer whenever you wanted to share files. Both computers would have to have available USB ports.
    It is also possible to set up a network using the two computers serial cable interfaces.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computers [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to do a scandisk on my PC. I am told that it is better if I put PC in safe mode first. How do I do that?

Connecting two computers together [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, just wondering since my cd rom on xp is not working, IS there anyway that I can connect my old PC win 98, 4gb hard drive to my xp and use win 98 cd rom to install program on xp.

Computers [ 4 Answers ]

I connect to the web via broadband. Everything is OK for about 15mins then my browser disconnects. I have deleted and reloaded explorer but the fault remains. I have also downloaded avant browser - no difference. When the browser goes off line it does not effect other programmes such as messenger...

View more questions Search