Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fofinho94539 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 06:09 PM
    No Heat from Maytag Dryer LDG7304AAE
    We've had this Maytag LDG7304AAE with us for over 10 years working without any issues but just this week, the dryer stopped working. We are able to start it, set the timer, etc. and it rotates as usual but there is no heat. We've not touch the thing since it was installed, any ideas as to what is wrong and what I need to replace? Quick response is appreciated, thanks!
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Oct 31, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofinho94539
    We've had this Maytag LDG7304AAE with us for over 10 years working without any issues but just this week, the dryer stopped working. We are able to start it, set the timer, etc. and it rotates as usual but there is no heat. We've not touch the thing since it was installed, any ideas as to what is wrong and what I need to replace? Quick response is appreciated, thanks!
    At the beginning of the cycle is there any heat? Does the Igniter come on? Remove the small plastic sight cap off the front of the dryer and start it. Make sure you are on a heated dry setting. Watch through the hole for the igniter to glow and also listen for 2 clicks and let me know what you get.

Oct 31, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Hi applesvcgirl, thanks for the quick response. I turned on the dryer as you suggested. Have listen for the clicks (sounds like two but very closely sequenced together) Could not find the small plastic cap you are referring to. I did see a cap of sorts however on the left side when one opens the front loading door. Is this the sight cap you are referring to?

Oct 31, 2007, 07:11 PM
    It should be on the front of the dryer towards the bottom right side about the size of a quarter. If you still don't see it you can remove the front of the dryer and set it to the side with the wires attached so you can still run it.

Nov 1, 2007, 08:09 AM
    OK, I will look for it again and get back to you. I have to remove the front Panel(Bezel). As there is no pilot(peep) hole that is visible as this photo shows (see attachment). Thanks.
    Attached Images

Nov 1, 2007, 06:07 PM
    I don't see it either. Remove the two screws under that bottom recess and remove the front with the wires attached you can run it with the front off to see.

Nov 17, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Hi applsvcgirl, I am back. Hope you are still there, my bad not getting back to you sooner. I've been overseas cause of job so my good wife has been air drying the clothes since then. She's a great trooper, no complaints.

OK, I pulled the front panel of the LDG7304AAE and fired up the dryer. The tumbler rotates, no heat, don't see any flame being ignited. I switch to Temperature Cycle to Air Fluff and noticed no forced air blowing from within the tumbler. Is there suppose to be some forced air coming in, I don't see a fan unit. But noticed there is some light suction coming from the lint exit port.

I see the gas line and a gas valve from within (see photo). This is probably the assembly that should be igniting the gas. But does it not appear to be working. Is this the root cause of problem? How do I go about fixing this? Also, how do I go about cleaning the inside of the lint exit port as there appears to be a build up of lint for over 10+ years of faithful service. Please advice asap what should I do.
    Name:  DSC03340.JPG
Views: 18260
Size:  67.7 KB

Name:  DSC03341.JPG
Views: 7804
Size:  144.1 KB

Nov 19, 2007, 04:58 AM
    If you have an ohms meter you can disconnect the harness to the ignitor and test it fot continuity. If You don't have one you can remove or loosen the screw that holds the ignitor in and inspect it. If it has a small break anywhere along the element it has failed. Let me know!

Nov 20, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Igniter is good... I tested with ohm meter for continuity. I even applied power to it and created a spark by brushing it against the side metal siding... I think this is good. What I do not see happen is there is no pilot light (perhaps this unit never had one) and even with gas line open and unit on, I do not detect any gas bleeding through.

I checked the gas line to see if there is any problems with the gas line, there is gas. I checked to see if the gas enters the dryer through the internal gas valve (as shown on previous pictures). I did this by bleeding it and all is well. For some reason, gas is not passing through the section before the ignitor and after the internal gas valve? I am just about given up and plan on calling a maytag technician. What are your thoughts, where is the problem?

Nov 21, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Ok, if the igniter isn't coming on and we are sure it is good my money is locked on the flame switch (black rectangle on the left of the cone). The "for sure" test is a little tricky and it takes 2 people to do it easily. First person unplug the dryer second person remove the 2 wires to the flame switch and hold them by only the wires do not touch the connectors with your fingers. First person plug the dryer back in and start it on a heat cycle (the door switch has to be connected and engaged). Second person touch and hold the terminals on the wires you are holding together (without touching the metal; it may spark but don't be alarmed by this). The igniter should glow bright. Leave the terminals together for about 20 seconds and then separate them, the burner should light. First person either open the door or advance the timer to the end and unplug the dryer. I do ths test by myself but it is difficult so I strongly recommend getting a "volunteer from the household audience". There is usually someone around "giving advise" who can assist you.
    Let me know what happens.
    jseipp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 04:23 PM
    I am having the same problem, but with a DG309... the pictures above are very similar to what I see inside our dryer but I'm havig trouble making heads or tails of it. I'm afraid I'm not very appliance-savvy.

The timer seems to be running down when set to Timed Dry, but the air pumping through is cold. If the dryer is set to Auto Dry, it just runs indefinitely. I discovered the problem because the dryer ran all night the other night on Auto Dry.

I'm not sure what other information I can provide.

Thanks for your time!
    kooshari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by applsvcgirl View Post
    Ok, if the igniter isn't coming on and we are sure it is good my money is locked on the flame switch (black rectangle on the left of the cone). The "for sure" test is a little tricky and it takes 2 people to do it easily. First person unplug the dryer second person remove the 2 wires to the flame switch and hold them by only the wires do not touch the connectors with your fingers. First person plug the dryer back in and start it on a heat cycle (the door switch has to be connected and engaged). Second person touch and hold the terminals on the wires you are holding together (without touching the metal; it may spark but don't be alarmed by this). The igniter should glow bright. leave the terminals together for about 20 seconds and then separate them, the burner should light. First person either open the door or advance the timer to the end and unplug the dryer. I do ths test by myself but it is difficult so I strongly reccomend getting a "volunteer from the household audience". There is usually someone around "giving advise" who can assit you.
    Let me know what happens.
    What every happened to this thread? I was reading through and waiting for the exciting conclusion!

I'm actually having the same problem with the same dryer. Everything is working but the heat.
    roboman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Hey folks same thing is happening to me! At the very bottom on the front. There 2 or 3 screws there, if I take these off can I get to the ignitor. I want to try and do this myself and thanks in advance
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Neptune Dryer has no heat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Neptune electric dryer Model# MDE4000AYW, Serial # 28635363YK. I had dried a load of clothes (that took a normal amount of time to dry) and put in a second load to dry. After about three hours I realized the dryer was still running (Yes, I am one of those people that sometimes...

Maytag neptune dryer does not heat in normal mode [ 2 Answers ]

Maytag Neptune dryer does not heat in normal mode but does in the system check mode for dry temp. would this indicate the thermostat is bad?

Maytag MDG4000AWW dryer does not generate enough heat [ 3 Answers ]

Mod# MDG4000AWW. Ser# 10785892WD. I removed vent and front panel. When start dryer, it clicks a couple times then the glow plug lights and the gas flames for about 10-15 seconds- then off. About 30-40 seconds repeats with shorter duration but adaquate flame. This second cycle repeats as long as...

Dryer Maytag Gas Heat Does Not Work [ 1 Answers ]

It's a Maytag gas dryer #LDG7304AAE. I replaced the belt. When I put is back on, the heat does not work. Gas line is open, vent is open, blower works. Timer works And I did run it for 10 minutes in the hope it might start up later. No success.:confused:

Maytag gas dryer heat shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

My Maytag gas dryer, model DG412 starts normally when cold. After about 20 minutes, the burner shuts down while the drum continues to turn. The burner will not re-light until the dryer has cooled down for a few minutes. The longer it cools before re-lighting, the longer it runs before shutting...

View more questions Search