Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mofrizz10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 06:08 PM
    How to stop thinking about my ex
    I went out with a girl for about 4 months, and during those 4 months I really opened myself up to her and we grew really close. I should also say that this was my first true and serious relationship. Then we went off to our separate colleges, but we wanted to continue the relationship because we both thought we had something special. Later during the semester, my grandfather died, who was the biggest influence in my life. I went home from college to attend the funeral, and then the day after, I get a call from her saying she didn't want our relationship to continue. I was already in a rather fragile emotional state, and when I heard this I almost collapsed. When I asked why, she said its because when I had visited her at her college two weeks earlier for a weekend, she said I pissed her off and that because of it she wasn't attracted to me anymore. I know that what she said makes the relationship definitely over, Im just having trouble accepting that shed throw away four months because of two days, and that she wouldn't even tell me she was mad before ending the relationship. I've tried everything, talking to my friends, involving myself in sports and hobbies, but I just can't stop thinking about her. Whenever I make any progress, I move back to thinking about my grandfather. What can I do?
    excello98 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 05:06 AM
    Hey Mofrizz,

Firstly - know there are lots of people around you and on here who are thinking of you. You're obviously going through a rough patch. From what you've said it sounds like you've come to terms with the fact that the relationship is over. If this is so then the best thing you can do is give yourself time. Whatever you do, don't contact her, and stick with the sports and hobbies you're doing now. The best thing you can do is meet new people - not necessarily in a sexual or relationship way - just as friends.

I know it's trite to say it but things really do get better with time. Perhaps you should focus on your grandfather - remember the happy times you had. What would he have done/said?

If you stick to these tips you should slowly feel like you're getting better. How long has it been anyway?

Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about my ex [ 20 Answers ]

I'd been going out with my girl for 2months, then one day she just turned around and said that she ' couldn't be bothered'. This was about 2 weeks ago. I tried my hardest, and did nothing wrong to her. This was my first serious relationship. Ever since we split, all I can think about is her, and it...

I can't stop thinking about him [ 5 Answers ]

He's the first thought I have when I wake up. He lives in another town and he's working at a job 7 days a week for 12 hours a day. I never see him. And he wants to come see me but he hasn't called.:confused:

I can't stop thinking about her [ 10 Answers ]

OK so here it is( I'm sorry its so long but I could really use some help on it) There's this girl named katie whom I've never seen in person but I've been talking to for about 3 months(phone,chatting) I think, she was my cousins best friend up until she had to mave about 2-3 minutes away, but they...

I can't stop thinking about her [ 7 Answers ]

A few days ago I was hanging out with a few friends... theres this one girl there that I sort of had feeings for at the time... we drank a little bit and one thing led to another and we ended up getting together... now I don't know if she likes me or wants to be with me or anything because I don't...

View more questions Search