Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamied Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Paying child support for children that are not mine what if anything can I do?
    I was married to my ex-wife during that time we had two sons. Not long after our yongest son was born I went to prision during which time my ex wife became pregnant. When I got out of prision I filed for a divorce which she fought.( It took over three years for the divorce to come through). She had the baby and 10 months later had another child. Because we were legally married at the time, the little boy and little girl both took on my last name because we were legally married at the time. When it was time to go to court for the divorce I knew I would be paying child support for my two boys, but I never dreamed the court would make me pay for kids that were not mine. Turns out, the court stuck the other two kids on me also. They were able to keep my last name even after I demanded a DNA to prove they were not mine the court would not allow that and my ex-wife admitted to the judge the kids belonged to another man. Yet, She stated he was not able to take care of them. I have never seen or had a relationship these these kids. It was five years ago when the court order was made for me to take care of these other children. At the time I was not able to afford a lawyer, now I am able to. What I need to know is how can I go about having these kids taken off me and making the real father care for them? I plan to hire a lawyer. Can someone lend advice on my situation? Or direct me to some cites that I may find some kind of help. I live in the state of WV > Thank you!
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Oct 31, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Have you taken the DNA tests yet? I would do that and take all your papers and the results to an attorney. They will be able to tell you what the chances would be and what its going to be like in court. You need to get it all done asap; you might but I don't think that you can get the money you paid back.

I'm not surprised that a Judge wouldn't address this matter when it came up in court, I have known some Judges that don't hear anything, they make a ruling knowing you would go back and 'fight it out' in a different court, that way they don't have to hear it.

Get your test and go back to court with an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-Wife not paying child support of seeing the child [ 10 Answers ]

We just recently got the divorce final my I got custody and she is suppose to have visitation every other weekend she will pick her up Friday and drop her off Saturday. She was suppose to take her for the whole month of June and July but said she cannot because she has no one to watch her. She...

Pay child support=paying for drug habit of father [ 8 Answers ]

I'd really love to know how I can pay child support for my son without having his father use that support for drugs.My son stays with his father out of what I think is guilt... When we broke up he used the... "If i don't have you, I might as well kill myself" trick and since then my son decided to...

Should I let me ex quit paying Child Support? [ 5 Answers ]

Is it ever wise to waive a child support payment in return for spousal cooperation or more time with the child? I no longer absolutely need the child support since I remarried.

Father not paying child support [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a three yr old boy. His father and I have been separated since my son was 4 months old. I put him on child support and my case was approved since Nov. 2005, but I have not seen anything financially. I called the child support people and they said that it seems like he has made no...

My ex husband wants to stop paying child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I live in New York state. My husband and I split 12 years ago when my daughter was 6. They recently had a break down in their relationship (she's upset because he's moving to North Carolina with his girlfriend), and he's decided to take me to court to...

View more questions Search