Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halstein2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2003, 03:33 PM
    Links
    My computer has stopped responding when I click on a link or on a "click here for further info". I can sometimes go to the linked website by copying the link to the address line. This is a recent development as I have always been able to use all links.

I'm using Win98 second addition with MS Internet Explorer.
    Thanks for your help, Hal
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 2, 2009, 01:52 PM

When you open IE normaly does it freeze? As an addendum to that my first guess would be that you have multiple search bars(virus scan Google Yahoo aim etc) try uninstalling all of them and that should fix it. If this isn't your solution pelase post more info on what version IE your running, is your win 98 fully patched etc.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Mar 2, 2009, 02:49 PM

If you're on a network, it's probably their firewall or antivirus preventing you.
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 03:35 AM

Download http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix
    Check all
    Click go
    Problem solved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Links not Working [ 12 Answers ]

For some reason I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook. When I click on the link in a message in Outlook, nothing happens. If you know how to fix this or where I can go for help, I would appreciate your assistance!

Who links to my site? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a reliable way to find out definitively who has links to my site? I tried Google's advanced search, but it's not showing nearly all the ones that I know of. I know I can get some off my webstats too, but really just wondering if there's a way to get a complete and accurate list. ...

Links don't work [ 1 Answers ]

U know when emails haf links that you can click on, and it opens in a new window? It doesn't open in a new window anymore, it has the mouse cursor as the time thing but then nothing happens and the mouse cursor is the arrow again... I added that site to my "allow pop-ups" so it should work.. this...

View more questions Search