Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Nov 16, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    You know (Excon don't disagree with me, this is fact), pot is one reason for infertility in both men and women.
    J_9 I am not doubting what you are saying by far, and I've always heard that about weed and infertility, but I know so many people who are potheads and have kids. Like I know 2 different guys, for example, who smoke like a chimney, and they both have 5 kids each... maybe it doesn't have the same effect on everyone... idk... but I just wanted to share that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ttara81
    J_9 I am not doubting what you are saying by far, and I've always heard that about weed and infertility, but I know so many people who are potheads and have kids. Like I know 2 different guys, for example, who smoke like a chimney, and they both have 5 kids each.....maybe it doesn't have the same effect on everyone...idk......but I just wanted to share that.
    Ttara, please read this thread, paying close attention to post #7. Apparently she is already having infertility problems.

I know you know people who are pot heads and got pregnant. The information I gave came out of a medical textbook siting that marijuana use is a possible cause of infertility. Understand I did not say it always causes infertility, just possible in some cases.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Nov 17, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, MJ:

Your book is wrong. Pot IS a drug. Smoking it isn't wrong (in my view), but don't justify your behavior by denying it's a drug.

However, it's NOTHING like cigarettes - NOTHING. Cigarettes kill 350,000 people every year in this country alone. Cigarettes are POISON. They kill virtually EVERYONE who uses it.

Pot, on the other hand, never killed anybody.

excon

To back this guy up.. my dad has smoked pot is his youth.. nothing. Stopped. Then started again in his later life. Stopped just recently due to him getting right with god. -So in other words pot made him high... not sick.

HOWEVER!

He has somked ciggs for 20-25 yrs. Non stop. All the time. And he has 2 diff types of cancer. And will die from 1-2 yrs. So YES it is a life killing thing. I think I should know.

Ohh and good luck with the pot. Just don't smoke round me.. I get a contact high.. and go loopy! LOLZ. Pot smells funky too. So for your own healthiness stop. You'll be glad you did. :-)
    maryJane159 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Thanks guys for your comments By the way, I have quit smoking, so for now I'm just trying to keep my head up
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Ttara, please read this thread, paying close attention to post #7. Apparently she is already having infertility problems.

I know you know people who are pot heads and got pregnant. The information I gave came out of a medical textbook siting that marijuana use is a possible cause of infertility. Understand I did not say it always causes infertility, just possible in some cases.
    Oops, guess I left something out

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...ng-146605.html

Quote Originally Posted by maryJane159
    Thanks guys for your comments By the way, i have quit smoking, so for now im just trying to keep my head up
    Good for you. Keep it up.
    pipesatnight Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 03:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello mj:

Pot is so cool. It's the easiest thing in the world to stop. All you have to do, is stop. There are NO ill effects - nothing. Yes, for a few days there will be an edge, but that goes away quick.

If you CAN'T do that, then you can't do much.

excon

Hey I like your work but I smoke pot and its not that easy unless you have previously or are using other drugs
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pipesatnight View Post
    hey i like your work but i smoke pot and its not that easy unless you have previously or are using other drugs
    Hello pipes:

Easy is relative. You can do it if you want to.

excon
    bellamitchell12 Posts: 10, Reputation: -3

Jun 27, 2012, 08:16 AM
    1. There is no such thing as a functioning addict!!
    2. there are plnty of drug treatment programs out there and hotlines you can call for help.
    3. talk to your doctor about the possibility of a chemical imbalance in your brain and the need for prescription medication as opposed to self medcation for marijuana
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamitchell12 View Post
    1. ther is no such thing as a functioning addict!!!!
    2. there are plnty of drug treatment programs out there and hotlines you can call for help.
    3. talk to your doctor about the possibility of a chemical imbalance in your brain and the need for prescription medication as opposed to self medcation for marijuana
    Please post your source for "no such thing as a functioning addict" (!! )

This is also from 2007 and the person who asked is long gone.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamitchell12 View Post
    1. ther is no such thing as a functioning addict!!!!
    Hello bella:

I smoke every day, and all day. I function pretty well. I've raised good kids, run a business, pay my taxes and don't wander all over the highway.

excon
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 02:14 PM
    I'm with you except for the wandering on the highway part. Not so sure.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm with you except for the wandering on the highway part. Not so sure.
    Hello again, Judy:

In that case, I'll do the driving..

Ex
    young_forever20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 08:23 PM
    Its really not a drug, its an herb and it can NOT hurt u...
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by young_forever20 View Post
    its rlly not a drug, its an herb and it can NOT hurt u...

But I understand it can cause you to use text speak instead of English - and bad text speak at that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Trimmer(weed eater) [ 3 Answers ]

I need step by step help on re-installing a (recoil) starter rope on a weed eater. If by chance you have diagram of how to put it on , I sure would appreciate it , any info will be appreciated ty denise

Trying to get better everyday? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, me again, venting, and getting better every day moving on. But in the process I hear things from people about my ex. ( we ended again 6 weeks ago) Any way, it came to my attention yesterday he is dating, and moving in with, a girl who is a recovering drug addict (3 yrs) and a...

Everyday meals [ 18 Answers ]

Start a new thread here. What's your favorite quick and easy meal for supper time. How long does it take? What's in it? How about quick outside grilling ideas? All responses are welcome. Even if it's hamburger helper with your own combo's thrown in. Thanks in advance. Stay healthy :)

Miss her more everyday [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so my ex girlfriend broke up with me about month ago and I miss her so much and a week later after she broke up with me so got a new boyfriend we were going out for 19day and I no that's not long but I did like her a lot. The reson she told me she had to let me go because of her mom and my age...

Comp freezes... everyday [ 7 Answers ]

ever since my monitor issue (no signal) went away... my comp has been freezing everyday since... it doesn't freeze just once a day... it freezes at least 2 times a day... this happens at random also... it froze today for maybe the 3rd time but this time my computer made a continuous beeeeeeeeeep so...

View more questions Search