Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rohan_p2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Starting a small business
    HI

Q: I wanted to start an ice-cream parlour I really don't have any idea, we are three partners we don't know what would be the investment and how do we go for it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2007, 08:45 AM
    I would first investigate the major franchise operations like Baskin Robbins, Carvel, and Cold Stone Creamery. Especially if you don't know where to start, they have people to help you through the process.

If you don't want to or can't afford to pay the franchise fee, then I would suggest score.org as a good place to get free startup advice.
    purplecloud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan_p2000
    HI

Q: I wanted to start an ice-cream parlour i really dont have any idea, we are three partners we dont know what would be the investment and how do we go for it?
    Hi rohanp
    I'm in the same boat wanting to start an ice cream parlor without ANY previous knowledge. I cannot afford a franchise, nor do I want to buy business software before I convince myself that it is VIABLE. Maybe you are interested in "swopping notes" as we go along? I'm doing lots of reading currently... just a thought
    theupsstore1881 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 07:56 PM
    :D Hey there! Have you considered a franchise like coldstone? It's a hit around my parts here in Maryland
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Well, the first thing you've got to ask is whether you will be making ice cream yourself, selling others ice cream, whether you are thinking of a shop etc... heck, even an ice cream van.

Secondly, a bit of market research... asking people what they like (your friends and family etc). A franchise is a good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Starting a small landscaping business [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know if I need insurance to start a small landscaping business

Starting a small business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi me and my fiancée are starting a cleaning business, were wondering how much do you think to register the business name would cost

Starting a small business [ 1 Answers ]

Am Interested In Starting A Small Painting Company For Myself And My Family But Am Not Sure How Or Where To Begin I Have Worked For The Same Company For A Very Long Time But It Is Time For A Change.

New small business starting point [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in the planning stages of starting a small business. I know what service we will provide, as well as the clientele that will desire them. I just need to know how to get it started. How can I get this idea off the ground? A rough script would be very helpful.

View more questions Search