Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennis6 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2005, 08:24 PM
    Carpeting Question
    I am in the process of finishing my basement and want to know the proper way of doing the baseboards.Do I put the baseboards on before or after the carpet goes down?I want to do a wainscotting on the bottom half of the walls with a 4 or 6 in. baseboard.I was going to leave a gap under the baseboard the thickness of carpet with underlay.Am I on the right track with this?The carpet will the very last thing that will get done.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2005, 09:16 PM
    Look at your living room. Isn't the edge of the carpeting at the base board? I think it would be tough to strech the carpet under the base board. If you aren't planning to lay the carpet yourself, you might talk to whoever will lay it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much carpeting has to be down in an apt? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there- I know that in NY apartments have to have area rugs covering at least 75% of the floors. Is there a law similar to that here in MA? My neighbors above me ripped up their carpet and put down linoleum(SOOO LOUD), which they weren't supposed to do because we rent. I want to go to my...

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search