Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalie1987 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Unexplained Bleeding?
    For over 1 week now I have been feeling sick having period like pains and sharp pains in my side and a few days later I started bleeding brown like discharge and some red as well like a light period I was due my period last week but I contunied with my patch as I had a college party to go to I have done this before and never had a problem as I've been on the patch or almost 1 year. I have been to see the doctor and she gave me antibiotics which haven't helped.
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Oct 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Definitely go and get yourself to a doctor to have that examined. The longer you wait, the worse it may get and potentially develop into something that could have otherwise been treated. If you don't have a doctor, there may be a quick medical facility such as a"Pro Med" or something along those lines that you could go to. Because what you described could be symptomatic of a bigger problem (although we certainly hope that it isn't), your safest bet is to have it checked out as soon as possible... at least for peace of mind.
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Oct 30, 2007, 08:45 AM
    You were due for your period last week but kept using the patch so you wouldn't have a period? Your body was prepping for a period and you held it back. If you are on a 28 day birth control, doing that is very dangerous, which explains the bad cramping. I wouldn't advise you to keep up with that practice if you plan on having kids later.

Oct 30, 2007, 08:48 AM
    When I went to see the doctor she said it had nothing to do with the patch I have just gotten my test results for a urine sample back and it came back normal but it still doesn't explain what's wrong.

Oct 30, 2007, 08:55 AM
    You say you have sharp pains in your sides? Is it around where your ovaries are. I have a long history of having Ovarian Cysts and I get those pains a lot. Did your doctor check you for this?

Oct 30, 2007, 08:58 AM
    No to be honest she was quite vague and really eager for me to get the Urine Sample off quickly but that came back normal. The pain is in the pelvic area around there and goes right round to the back

Oct 30, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by natalie1987
    No to be honest she was quite vague and really eager for me to get the Urine Sample off quickly but that came back normal. the pain is in the pelvic area around there and goes right round to the back
    She was probably either checking kidneys by doing the urine sample. That is usually what they do first in cases of pelvic pain that raps around to the back like that. Is it more prominent on the right side? You might want to get your pancreas checked also. I have had cysts that made me hurt all around my pelvic region and around to my back. Did she even mention anything about your ovaries? I wouldn't think your kidneys would cause vaginal bleeding though. You would be having blood in your urine if there was a problem there. I would definitely get them to check for cysts first. They can get pretty dangerous if they get out of control. They can grow and rupture releasing toxins into your body which will make you very sick and can even cause death in extreme cases.

Oct 30, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Oh I think Ill make a doctors appointment, she didn't even mention my ovaries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unexplained itching [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have been continuously itching for the last 2 weeks - and I am not able to pin-point the source. The itching makes me scratch which ends up tearing the skin and resulting in bruises in some cases; while in some instances the area just shows small red dots and in some cases, I have small red...

Unexplained experiences [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here and I hope you can answer my questions. We lived in a house a few years back that we almost bought but really strange things happened there. Our youngest son, who was about one and a half years old at the time, saw things in this house. You could hear someone come into the...

Unexplained Infertility [ 17 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now, and nothing. I'm 19 and my husband is 21. I have had every test done and none of the doctors I have seen thus far can tell me anything, other than they know nothing. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thing. If so, I...

View more questions Search