Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Oct 29, 2007, 10:41 PM
    I have no hobbies too.bad!
    I feel I have no hobbies too! Job is boring, life is boring! Every day I want to do is waiting for off duty, then go home, watching TV or listening to music, or sleeping. And I do the same things at my weekend! I do not want to go outside, unless I have to do something shopping, always prefer to stay at home, even have nothing to do just sleep. My friends said my life is boring, and I am bored too. But I feel I have no interest in anything! And I know I need to have some hobbies, need to do something to cheer myself up. But how to make a beginning? I like reading, literature, but now no books can get my attention!:mad:
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 29, 2007, 10:56 PM
    What are your interests/talents? What did you do good in school?
    Here's som hobby suggestions
    -take up art of some kind (it doesn't have to be painting, there are so many kinds)
    -learn an instrument (will keep you occupied as a life long thing if you enjoy it enuff)
    -listen to/collect musik
    -go to concerts
    Can't think of anything else at the moment, will get back to you with more ideas once you tell me what your interests etc are
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Jasemine,
    If you like reading, why not try something different from your normal book types.

Oct 29, 2007, 11:45 PM
    First of all, I would like to say I like to play basketball. When I was in senior high school, I play basketball with my best friends every day. My dad is good at sports, such as basketball, volleyball, pingpong ball... he taught me once he was free. But after I began my university,I stop doing any sports,I finished my university in north of china, and most of my classmates are from north of china, they do not like sports at all,especially girls,they have no idea of sports,all they focused on is books.I felt very sad at that time,no one play with me.then I began my job at last summer,but I fould that all colleagues I mean female have bfs,all they like to do after work is staying with their bfs,no one play with me again,then I never touched my basketball any more.
    I like reading,I like literature very much! I read all literary books in our university's library. I spent day and night there during my four years university learning! I read out all books... I don't know what to do now! No other books can catch my eyes any more! I am looking for Earl Gardnar Stanley's books in these days, but failed,frustrated me!disppointed me!bad!!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Literature-Map: Earl Stanley Gardner
    Erle Stanley Gardner

You might like to check out these links.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 30, 2007, 04:35 AM
    You could always search for new friends to share your passion for basketball with, its always possible to find new friends!
    Reluctant yank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmine_rezzag
    I feel I have no hobbies too! Job is boring, life is boring! Every day I want to do is waiting for off duty, then go home, watching TV or listening to music, or sleeping. And I do the same things at my weekend! I do not want to go outside, unless I have to do something shopping, always prefer to stay at home, even have nothing to do just sleep. My friends said my life is boring, and I am bored too. But I feel I have no interest in anything! And I know I need to have some hobbies, need to do something to cheer myself up. But how to make a beginning? I like reading, literature, but now no books can get my attention!:mad:
    Find your hobbies in your thoughts. I mean you mentioned a few possibilities in your statement. Your into listening to music. Take it one step further and learn to play it. Take up guitar, keys, bass, whatever. Like watching TV? Learn to shoot video. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get into something.
    greyeagle Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 06:02 PM
    One great hobby is "Ham Radio'!! I've been a ham since 80's,it has been changed that one doesn't have to learn morse code to get a license,just a little theory,I've talked all over the world! I believe you would enjoy it very much!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Many of us here have a hobby, it is this web site, we come here and help people. OK for some of us maybe an addicition. You may enjoy being here

Nov 29, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I really enjoy being here! Maybe this is my hobby!
    Actually, we can't browse any website during work time,as bosses like to see us busy for total 8 hours,keep work in 8 hours no stop! But I always take a risk to do something I like as I do not need 8 hours to finish my job!
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 07:27 PM
    What about starting a basketball club for younger girls to help them learn the skills? You might be able to go to a local school or somewhere similar in order to volunteer to coach? Pehaps most girls never had the opportunity to play or learn basketball... You could share your passion with others that way! Your company might even sponsor a local team? It might be good publicity for them? Just a thought, but with or without the support from you boss, you could still do it as a hobby.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Look up different hobbies/interests on the internet to try and find things that interest you and if there are any clubs and activities or community projects in your area that might interest you.
    You could look up different things to study about. I have been doing that with herbs and nutrition for years now. Then once you read up on something maybe you could apply it to a hobby.
    Like read up on a craft that might interest you and make a bunch of them and then find somewhere to sell it. You could do something like decoupaging Shaker boxes or quilting pillows or making dried flower pictures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are your hobbies [ 15 Answers ]

Dear memebers, Would u help a 24/7 single hard worker find a hobby please?:D I mean, I do hang out with my girl friends, going to nursing home help with the elders. I do read, study about plants and acupuncture. I want to play golf but it's kind of expensive for me at this moment. What...

Bad bad dogg [ 3 Answers ]

OK,. I don't know what I did.My dog use to be nice,kind and always wanting to be next to me. But know these couple of days he has tried to bite me, and he growls at me when I enter to each room. He also doesn't even want me to carry him. If I do try to carry him he asks like he is going to bite me....

Bad clusters and bad blocks [ 1 Answers ]

When I do the chkdsk on WDC and it says windows replaced the bad clusters Why does Stellar Smart say there's 3 bad blocks? Didn't chkdsk clear it? The PC says no bad sectors

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search