Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gen2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Already dyed hair (brown/orange) trying to turn it into a gold brown
    Hi I dyed my hair last month opting for a nice brown that would show up a golden brown in the sun. However, it turned out a bit orange. The orange is not as strong as before. Probably because the color faded after washing my hair so many times. So my big dilemma is that I want to stay in the same color range (4). Currently I am a 4 (red/copper) trying to either go up another shade or stay in the same level in a gold shade. How would I achieve that brown hair color but in a golden shade?

** I almost forgot to mention. I also have blonde highlights running throughout my head. I would like a ONE clean, one shade color. **

Hair color recommendations/products?

And how to make sure I don't have any red/orange undertones in my hair whatsoever.

ANNDDD CAN I DYE HAIR THAT HAS BEEN ALREADY DYED LIGHTER?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Hair Coloring crisis are very common, and we see lots of questions about how to correct the problems people run into when trying to dye themselves. First, know that you are not alone, you are not the first, nor will you be the last with a color you never intended.

The most common suggestion our members give out is stop what you are doing and go to a professional colorist at a Salon. You can try to reverse it yourself at home, but are you willing to chance making it worse, or, possibly even damage your hair?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

Coloring hair ash brown turns red/orange [ 5 Answers ]

I've been coloring my hair at home for about a year with Ion brand hair color that I purchased from Sally's. The problem is that it colors slightly red/orange. I would like a cooler shade of brown. Does anyone know why this happens and how I correct it? I use medium ash brown with 20 developer. ...

Brown hair dyed & turned bright orange mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am african american and my natural hair color is dark brown. It is natural (no chemicals). I got my hair dyed with permanent color and it turned a very bright orange/red. I would rather not go back to the salon. I want to try to darken it (tone it down) by using a dark brown...

Dyed Hair Black, Left with Brown Spots [ 3 Answers ]

All right, so I had dark blonde hair in the first place. Then I dyed it black with a permanent dye . Once I had finished dying it, and it had dried, I found that I now have brown areas left in my hair. I am going to dye it again to cover these spots, but when will it be all right to do so?...

Have orange roots & brown hair! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello to everyone reading my post. Have last died my hair a medium dark brown. After letting my roots grow out approx inch & half decided to try lightening my hair to a very light brown. Did use a product speciffically for lightening dark brown hair. Now my ends r a darker brown the roots a light...

View more questions Search