Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rothes4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Choking Daschund
    My miniature daschund has been having trouble with choking for about a month now. When she eats she starts shaking and choking on food and a really thick clear mucus. I have had her to 2 vets and neither one gave me an answer. One vet did blood tests and said they came out perfect. So this just started about a month ago. Do you have any ideas what could be causing these attacks?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 03:20 AM
    I would keep working with the vets.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Rothes, I agree with labman. If I were you I would stay on top of the vets backs and I wouldn't let them dismiss my concerns. If you don't feel they are doing the right thing by your dog, then find another vet. You are very right to be as concerned as you are. Your doxie is having a health issue and they must find an answer. Did either vet talk to you about megaesaphogus? Please take a look at this link in which I have responded to another poster about their dog regurgitating water. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/w...er-145633.html
    I think if megaesaphogus hasn't been discussed, you need to bring it up. Do an internet search on it and gather as much information as you can so that you will be able to have a thorough discussion on the subject with the vet. Please let us know how what the outcome is. I do hope this problem is something that isn't serious and easily remedied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fiction question - choking death, or lethal punch? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question for a murder mystery I'm writing. I want the bad guy (who also happens to be the victim in this story) to be surprised while he has a mouthful of cookies and he'll aspirate and choke to death, OR he'll be punched very, very hard in the chest or stomach and killed from some sort of...

Murray's 22' Push choking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray's 22' Puch mover for 2 years. I did not get the gas out of tank durning the winter. Now the mover is choking - start for 5 seconds then died. Could you please help me out of this problem? Thanks.

Choking in Miami [ 2 Answers ]

Dear wise men or women, Every time my two daughters take a shower in their bathroom up the line from my bathroom,mine is last on the line next to septic line, the toilet in my bathroom starts to bubble up,quickly rise, sometimes overflowing. With all this action comes a strong sewer gas smell. We...

My Daschund [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my daschund has been suffering from what looks to be his ear's being eaten away. It has gotten worse over the last 3 days, and now it is bleeding. He doesn't seem to notice and I don't think it is effecting him in any way. He is still the same little man. He also is losing hair around his neck...

New Daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, We just got a new little mini daschund, a male. WE have had him about 10 days and he just turned 8 weeks. We are doing OK with the pottie training but are having difficulty with the crate. Our breeder suggested paper and out side training and we were doing both.. Taking him out...

View more questions Search