Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NotUrOrdinaryGirl Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Oct 29, 2007, 06:17 PM
    How much time is he facing?
    Hello, a close friend of mine was arrested and is being charged with 1st degree burglary without a weapon in NY. I was wondering how much time is he facing?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2007, 06:22 PM
    First offence ? Third time ? Was the items taken returned,
    It can be anything from probation to several years, Their best bet is to hire an attorney and go from there

Oct 29, 2007, 06:32 PM
    He was arrested twice before but the court dropped the charges because there wasn't enough evidence
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Hello Not:

If it was that easy, we wouldn't need judges. The Padre suggested a FEW of the 1,000's of factors that go into sentencing. You gave us two. This is a pretty serious charge, though. He could be looking at 25 years or so.

excon

Oct 29, 2007, 07:33 PM
    25 years? Even if there wasn't a weapon?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NotUrOrdinaryGirl
    25 years? even if there wasnt a weapon?
    Hello Not:

That's what I think.

excon
    Diesel101 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 11:04 AM
    More than likely he's looking at some state time if you hire a good attorney the felony may be reduced to maybe burg. 2nd or 3rd he's looking at probably 2-7 yrs in state. He'll be extremely lucky if he just gets probation

Nov 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
    OK so I just found out that he was arrested on the 1st of October and the police arrested him claiming that he was the suspect but it was impossible for him to have done anything that night because he was at work for the entire afternoon and on the phone with me all night and I have the phone bill to prove it... So I don't understand why he's still in custody
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Hello again, Not:

Hire a lawyer for him. He'll know why he's still in jail.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Senior facing difficult decisions [ 4 Answers ]

I own a condo and a mobile home. Mobile was purchased out of fear when my business was lost and was having difficulties finding a job, had received a small, very small, gift from a friend who had passed away. Didn't want to allow those funds to slip through my fingers. Used the funds as a large...

Junction boxes in attic: can be facing up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. Can junctions boxes in an attic be facing up? Or do they need to be secured on their side, secured to a ledger board or something. Thanks! Also, is there an online source for the NEC? Thanks again.

Facing & Conquering Walls [ 3 Answers ]

I've been trying to find the walls in my life my birthday is this month you guys feel anything?

Facing court martial [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, Got it. Yes I'm an Army guy. I'm currently in Iraq nearing the end of a year-long deployment. I have been under a lot of stress and I think that's a least part of what precipitated the situation I find myself in today. I am facing a court martial for larceny that is likely to result in a...

View more questions Search